cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validity dates of Pricing records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to find a way of determining whether pricing conditions are still valid in the sales orders when the sales orders reference quality contracts (CQ).

So sales orders (OR) are created with reference to the contracts.

Pricing date in the contract is the price that will be used when the contract is created. When you create an order with reference to CQ, the pricing date in the sales order is the price that will be used when the contract was created.

What is happening is that an expired discount condition is still being picked up in the sales order.

So if the contract validity date is 01.04.10 to 31.12.10.

Discount condition validity date is 01.04.10 to 05.05.10.

Sales orders created with reference between 01.04.10 and 05.05.10 will pick up this discount.

But what is happening is the sales orders created on 06.05.10 is still picking up the discount.

Is there some behavior in the copy control between sales docs to look at the discounts conditions to see if there still valid or any other suggestions would be helpful please.

Rgds

TV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct. In the copy controls between your contract type and order type, at item level, you have to use appropriate Pricing Type to redetermine the prices instead of copying the prices from contract as it is.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tony

Before getting into copy controls and all that jazz, would you please check what is showing up as the pricing date for an order created with reference to the CQ contract on, say, 06.05.10?

Also check how is your order type config set up for 'Prop.f.pricing date'.

Please revert with your observations. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

Thanks for your help I now got what I was initially thinking. So thank you.

Cheers

Tony