cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Import Project in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Laptop Mobile 7.1 Project and I am unable to import it in the NWDS when placed in another Workspace. I tried 2 options for exporting the project

1) Export the project into .zip archive

2) Export the project into file system

3) Simply copy the DC in the current workspace and zip it, this way the .project and related files were not getting included in the zip

After this, I tried to import the project using 3 ways

1) Import as file system,while using this option, it asks the DC into which I should import, but after selecting the DC the project did not contain the components of the imported project

2) Import as an existing project, after browsing the location where I had manually placed the project, it was not showing any components and the Finish button was disabled.

3) Manually place the project in the workspace, it doesn't show up in the project list

Please let me know if I have missed out on any step.

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Do the following

1. Create a new workspace.

2. Create any Mobile component for ex UI compoenent so that NWDS builds all the DC folders in the workspace.

3. Copy the DC from the source folder to the folder <Workspace>.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\

for ex if the DC source folder is com.sap.com\uicomp then it should be copied to the this folder.

4. Most important.All the files in the source folder should be copied to destination folder.If WinZip doesnt allow all the files then use some other zip toll for eg WinRAR.

5. Go to Development Infrastructure perspective.Refresh the DC.You should be able to see the projects.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Amit

Answers (0)