cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically creating and modifying ECR's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for my diploma thesis I am looking for a way to create and modify ECR (change requests) programatically. I already found CS_BI_ECR_CREATE_BATCH_INPUT and CS_BI_ECR_CHANGE_BATCH_INPUT BAPIs and thought they might be suitable for my needs. My only problem is: how can I add Materials and/or Documents to an ECR created by CS_BI_ECR_CREATE_BATCH_INPUT? If I use CCAP_ECN_MAINTAIN I can add my objects but they do not have a system status which causes SAPGui to have some abnormal behaviour.

Thanks for your help,

Filip

Message was edited by: Filip Polsakiewicz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using CCAP_ECN_CREATE to create ECR. Make sure to use proper status profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the quick answer. How do I find out which status profile is appropriate?

Regards,

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Talk to a functional consultant in your company. He should be able to tell you the profile to be used. Otherwise, you can use any existing profile for object types 'ECM change master record', 'Engineering Change Order' and 'Engineering Change Request' for header and 'ECM change objects' for OMR (Object Management Record).

You can also create your own profile using SPRO

Logistics General -> Engineering Change Management -> Change Type -> Define Status Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately this does not work for me since IMHO ECN do not have neither a system status nor the workflow-enabling an ECR has.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Filip

Update:

I tried using CCAP_ECN_CREATE with a custom profile (as you suggested I created one using SPRO). In our system the object types ECR and ECO do not exist. Do you know which profile is used as the default for ECRs?

Message was edited by: Filip Polsakiewicz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Object types do not exist? Does your SAP system has SAP_APPL component installed? or it's just a technical installation?

Go to system -> status

Click component information and see if you have an entry for SAP_APPL.

Or you can go to SE16 - Enter Table name CVERS and execute. See if you have an entry for SAP_APPL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Object types do not exist? Does your SAP system has

> SAP_APPL component installed? or it's just a

> technical installation?

Well we use the system for development purposes only but is is installed as a fully functional SAP system.

> Or you can go to SE16 - Enter Table name CVERS and

> execute. See if you have an entry for SAP_APPL.

I have an entry for SAP_APPL. Also in the System > Status menu the component is visible.

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it very much.

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still confused about updating ECR's.

I have created a report to update the costing relevancy indicator for materials in table STPO.

i need to incorporate the change number concept just as it works in CS02.

if the material does not exist as an object under that change number i need to create one.

can u please help.

regards,

sheldon