Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect different messages in a BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am new to developing BMPs.

I need to collect 3 diferent message (FTP-File) in a BPM. This is possible?

How do I make the BPM wait until you reach the other message ?

How do I make the second and third message is sent to the same instance BPM?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fonsisco,

If you are collecting 3 messages of same type(same structure) proceed like below,

Loop(condition should be i<=3) Receive-->container(which should be multiline container variable with append operation) and one more container operation to increase the counter. after loop put transformation step(where you will combine these 3 message to 1 message so the mapping for this transformation should be 0...unbounded to 1..1) finally send step.

receiver and container operation to append message and container operation for increase coutner should be in loop step

thanks,

madhu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, your answers have been of much help.

I have an error in the Container Operation. I hope you can help me.

Target parameter: I have the multiline container

Operation: Append

Expression parameter: I can not put the container Without multiline

Have any idea about it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes , it possible to collect the diffarent messages using BPM. In bpm we have one concept called Merging two or more messages. using this merge concept we can collect the diffarent messages. for merging two or more messages here one rule u must remember i.e all the messages(three messages) must have one common column than only u can merge , three messages must have one common column. Integration process is like this

1.Three receive step( for collecting three outbond messages).

2. one transformation step( for merging messages)

3. one send step.

u must " correlate" based on context object.

4. u need three abstract interfaces (for outbond messages) and also need one abstract interface ( for inbond messages)

total u need four abstract interfaces.

try this using above information , u must get the output

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

check these links:

/people/milan.thaker/blog/2008/07/23/correlation-150-runtime-behavior-of-bpm

look for BpmPatternCollectMultiIf at:

/people/sharathchandra.girmaji/blog/2008/09/11/bpm-with-patterns-explained-part-1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Yes, this is possible.

You may want to take a look at the 'BpmPatternCollectMultiIf' Integration process pattern found in SCV SAP BASIS 7.10 > http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns > Integration Process ... to use as your guide.

You will need to create a correlation for the messages to make sure they are sent to the same instance.

Regards,

Glenn