cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category - Serial number status Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

What is the link between item category and serial number status in sales document. When I create an outbound delivery for one item category, the serial number in outbound delivery becomes ESTO to ECUS. For another item category it becomes ESTO to ECUS ESTO. How is it maintained.

I want to change the transfer status from ESTO to ECUS instead of ECUS ESTO for one item category. How can I accomplish this. Please advice.

Thanks

Manassha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manassha

These are system statuses that are maintained and delivered by SAP. They are activated or deactivated by performing an application procedure, or directly.

typically when the Eqpt. is in stock, it will be in ESTO-' in the warehouse' system status.

Once you assign it in a delivery, it will have 2 statuses- EDEL, ESTO- ' In the warehouse' ( as it has not been Goods Issued yet) and ' Assigned in delivery note'.

Once you do a GI of the delivery, I t will be in ECUS- 'At customer site'- status. This is for normal items.

For customer Consignment Fill-up orders, once you deliver and PGI, the eqpt will be in the unusual sounding state of ECUS ESTO, because it is goods issued to a customer at the same time because it is associated with Consignment Fill-up ( and not consignment Issue), it will be in ESTO status as the eqpt is still in our stock. I am guessing even Equipment related Made-to-order (MTO) items will have similar status when received from Production Order to sales order stock.

There is no way you could influence this because this is 'system status' and gets determined by what you did- Transactions like PGI, Good receipt etc.

Hope this is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. O. Let me explain the scenario.

CRM : The customer calls and asking for the replacemnet of one material. We create an order to send the replacement material to customer.

SAP : Sales order created and the line item generated with item category ZAD2,. When we do the outbound for this order and PGI, the serial number become status ECUS.

At the same time when customr asks for material which has components. The component has serial number and item category for the component is ZADN. When we do the outbound for this kit material, the serial number status of the component becomes ECUS ESTO. How is this determined. Please advice.

Thanks

Manassha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manassha

What are you delivering? The header or the components? I am guessing the header. Please clarify. Whatever you are delivering that material/s should have just ECUS status for the Equipment. However if you are delivering the header and the components that are used in producing the header will be in ECUS ESTO status when a Goods Receipt is made for the Production Order in a MTO situation. But once the header is delivered, then all the components also should be in ECUS because they were used in an equipment which is delivered. But I am unable to confirm this. But whatever, I think they (the statuses) are set by system automatically and you probably have no handle there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I wil give some more detail.

We have a sales order with item category ZAD2 and I am delivering the material associated with this item category. Once PGI'd the status becomes ECUS.

We have a sales order with item category ZADN and I am delivering the material associated with this item category. Once PGI'd the status becomes ECUS.

The above 2 are not kit header or kit component. It is just a one material.

We have a material called KIT with header and components. When we enter the KIT header material in va01, the components will automatically populate. The item category will be ZTA2 for header and ZADN for components. When we deliver this kit header with components ( on the whole) , the status must become ECUS. But it is ECUS ESTO which is wrong.

My suspectation is, is there any place we customized the ZADN category should be changed to ECUS or itis material dependent.

Thanks

Manassha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still not clear on what is that you are delivering? Header (which includes all component in an Assembly) or the components? I am confused when you say "When we deliver this kit header with components ( on the whole)"

If you are delivering Header, the eqpt should get ECUS status after PGIing delivery. See if you have modeled ZTA2 after standard item cat TAQ or not. The component items should be modeled after TAE. BOM header material should have ERLA in the item cat Group filed in the material master.

If you are delivering the components and not the header, all the Eqpt. related to components should get ECUS status after PGIing delivery. Then the header item cat should be modeled after TAP and the components after TAN. BOM header material should have LUMF in the item cat Group filed in the material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is there a BAPI or transaction that can change the status of a serial?

Let's say that I have a delivery with 3 serials with a blocked status. Is there away that I can put the delivery number in a BAPI/Transaction, and it makes the status of a serial available again? Or does someone knows a way to automatically separate a serial number from a delivery?

The Idea is to eliminate tha association between a delivery and a serial, so I can then associate the serial again to another delivery.

Regards

Alan

Edited by: alanrivas on Aug 10, 2010 12:07 AM