cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid more than one debit memo request referenced to an invoice

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please if you have answer to the following question let me know it, the case is the following:

I can create a debit memo request with reference to an invoice more than once time, which means I can have many debit memos request with whole reference to the same invoice number. How can I avoid it or notify to the user while creating a debit memo request that an invoice number has already a created debit memo request.

I already check the requirement and transfer routines in copy control but I cannot use table VBFA to verify if there is a previous debit memo request, and also I verify the configuration of the debit memo request.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is no functional solution for this. Some time back i've also experienced this type of issue with my client where system is allowing us to do the Credit memo request couple of times for the same Invoice reference.

So, I have searched Copy controals , but end up with no solution. So taken ABAPers help..they have defined USER Exit and issue solved.

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

That is the reason why I asked why you could not check VBFA. With VBFA being updated, there is of course an exit/BADi solution for your requirement.

Regards,

Joã

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You're saying that you cannot check VBFA for previous Debit Memo Requests - is this because the previous Debit Memo Requests do not appear in the invoice's document flow? If so, please check Copying Control: Billing Document to Sales Document (item) - is the Update document flow box checked?

Regards,

Joã