cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supposed Optional Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm building a Webi report off universe using XIR2.

I need the report to prompt you to seach for employeeuserid. I know optional 100% isn't possible, so can I have it where the default value is a * and if the prompt = *, return all records, else, return the chosen ID. I am really new to Webi and Universe building, so if you can be specific about what to do I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can build "optional" prompts using the following pseudo-logic:

table.column in @prompt() OR "*" in @prompt()

There are two keys to this solution, First, the value you use to designate an optional prompt has to have the same datatype as the value you are comparing to. For example, if your employee ID is character then you can use the *. However, if your employee ID is numeric, you will have to use a numeric value. Zero (0) might work as long as you don't ever plan to have an employee with that ID. In that case, the code might look like:

employee_id in @prompt('Enter employee ID or 0 for all','N',,multi,free) OR 0 in @prompt('Enter employee ID or 0 for all','N',,multi,free)

The second key is that the prompt definition (not just the text, the entire prompt definition) needs to be identical for both parts. In my example above, the prompts are the same for each part.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this link for how to use '*' or ALL insode @prompt.

http://www.businessobjectstips.com/tips/web-intelligence/extended-prompt-syntax/

Regards,

Shiva Kumar G.C