Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA report showing Red alert in SAP Note 888889

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have successfully implemented the Security SAP Note 888889 two months back. But still the EWA reports shows red and recommends to apply the relevant security-related SAP Hot News and Notes.

Please advise.

Regard's,

Salman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that you have not actually read the note, and perhaps just clicked on "Yes"...?

Note 888889 is a gateway to a cascading series of "Yes's" and "No's".

Generally they are designed to be "Yes's" without further implications and easy to implement via SNOTE.

Yes, via Earlywatch you will get all the new questions (Yes and No). It is a security tool to make your life easier and more secure.

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Another thing, I checked that after applying the snote. I see, there is an question mark (?) beside note instead of green check mark. Please let me know if I did everthing correct during implementation of this note and what question mark (?) means by SAP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that you have not actually read the note, and perhaps just clicked on "Yes"...?

Note 888889 is a gateway to a cascading series of "Yes's" and "No's".

Generally they are designed to be "Yes's" without further implications and easy to implement via SNOTE.

Yes, via Earlywatch you will get all the new questions (Yes and No). It is a security tool to make your life easier and more secure.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thank you Julius for the quick reply and correcting me.

I checked the meaning of question mark (?) which appeared beside the snote after implemented. (?) per SAP means Unknown Mode. But I don't fully understand what SAP means by Unknown Mode. Could you please suggest with your valuable advise ?

Regard's

Salman