cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.0 SP4 and Windows 7 x64

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company is beginning application testing for an eventual client upgrade to Windows 7 x64 beginning in the fourth quarter 2010. Are there any issues running MII 12.0 SP4 on Win7 64-bit/IE8/Java 1.6u20 client?

David Macindoe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I do not know of any problems with it, but I am pretty sure that it has not been tested against it either. But it is not really an MII question as much as it is an NW question. Since 12.0 os on NW 7.0 (2004s), you really need to check on whether NW 7.0 has been tested on the new OS. I suspect not, but Services Marketplace should have that information.

Regards,

Mike

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think David is more curious about the client side

According to the splash screen, my SAP image has IE 7.0.6001 (with who knows what tweaks made by IT), and I'm running JRE version 1.6.0_19-b04 on Vista Enterprise SP1. I haven't seen any significant issues on 12.0 or 12.1 systems (keep in mind that the applets were overhauled after 12.0 and require JRE 1.5 or 1.6 starting with MII 12.1).

In the Java Control panel on the Advanced tab / Java Plug-in settings there is a checkbox for 'Enable the next-generation Java Plug-in (requires browser restart)'. In several JRE updates since I first updated from 1.4.2 to 1.6.0 I have seen varying behaviors with this feature, mostly related to applet events and interation, so I would say that 'next generation' might be a bit ahead of it's time, and therefore I have it turned off.

I've heard that Windows 7 is on it's way for us - not sure about IE8, but time will tell.