cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indiana University Terp10 Experience May 2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

On May 28th the Terp10 exam was held at Indiana University and for the second year straight we achieved a pass rate of 100%. We would like to thank Dr. Saputro for his time and effort in helping us achieve this goal.

Personal Experience:

The course leading up to the exam was intense and requires most if not all of your time outside of class. Although the class generally ran from 9am to 5pm you should expect to spend another 4-5 hours outside of class in order to review and retain the material. There is a lot of material to know and since there is no more partial credit, the use of memory techniques comes in handy. Paying attention to the instructor and his/her subtle hints will pay off in the end.

Tips for success:

1. Put aside any secondary low priority tasks (This will take up most of your time/life for the duration of the course)

2. Pay attention in class (Try not to get caught up doing other things while lecture is taking place)

3. Take notes and compare with others

4. Study individually and in groups

5. Make the experience fun (Don't just focus on how much you have to learn or do)

6. Create flash cards to help you study

7. Ask questions when necessary

8. Review your notes as much as possible

9. When taking the exam be sure to read the questions in their entirety (It is easy to assume and make a mistake)

10. Be sure to get rest (Especially the night before the exam)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

After the Indiana University, DR Saputro went to Indonesia to teach Terp10 in Islamic University of Indonesia.

I was one of his student. And after a very hard-working time with DR Saputro's guidance and a full time support, we also got 100% passing rate. July 6 2010 became a historic day for us since on that day was the first Terp10 exam in Indonesia and all the student was passed the exam. Many thanks to DR Saputro, i really grateful became one of his student.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaya

We offer TERP10 a couple of times per year so if you want to combine a holiday with a lot of hard work.

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Melbourne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All TERP10 Takers

I commend all of you for your dedication and accomplishment. I am sure this certification will make you stand out in job applications.

Also, your performance on the job will be impacted very positively for a long time.

When I had the chance to train to be more fully capable in all the transactions in ERP in the computer factory where I worked early in my career, the reputation I gained as a recognized operations expert and manager stayed with me even to this day.

Best wishes on an outstanding career!

Bob LoBue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your suggestions for TERP10 certification.

Do you have any plan to schedule clsses in near future in 2010? I am a member of UA and would like to take classes.

Gaya Agrawal

HDM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Gaya,

IU typically schedules this course 1x per year. Since the course just wrapped up on campus I wouldn't expect it to be offered again until May of next year. Please see my response to your other [post |;for other suggestions.

Best,

Heather

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are offering the Terp 10 in late July, and possibly again in December at Georgia Southern University.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the get-go, our professor and TERP10 instructor did a good job in making sure we understand the difficulty of the new exam and the dedication it required. My main recommendation is for the duration of the TERP10 course, your life should revolve around SAP. After class, read the modules you discussed during the day, but you must absorb what you read; read to understand and apply it to your knowledge of the business processes. If something is not clear to you, ask questions to clarify. I also sat in the front of the class. I found that helped me stay focused during the long hours.

Everyone has their own study style, and knows what works best for them. If you truly dedicate yourself during the TERP10, you will succeed. At the very least, you will have learned a lot.

That how I went about preparing for the exam. I asked millions of questions. The result: 81%

I should mention that in the IU masters program, we had two SAP-based ERP courses which gave a boost of knowledge that helped during the TERP10.

Good luck!