Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations in SAP Solution Manager

MariaManuel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello all,

does anyone know how can i (of if i can) give permissions for the workcenters but only for a Solution ?

For example, a client has two landscapes and they want to use one solution manager for monitoring, but they want to restrict access to both landscapes by two teams. Each team should ony have access to "their" systems.

Do you know how to do this ? Is there an organizational level per Solution ?

Best Regards,

Maria Serra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MariaManuel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you all:-) I'll take a look on the security guide

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

You can do this by first getting the Production Solution ID by opening the solution and then running Tcode: Solman_Info

Then add the ID to the object D_SOL_VSBL that is under role sap_sm_solution_all

Regards,

Jared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

As Jared said, there is always an option to restrict the access to solution via this object:D_SOL_VSBL. You still have a way to restrict access on workcenter via the role :SAP_SMSY_* and inside it on the Authorization object : S_SMSYSYST.

But i would still suggest to have separate solutions for each landscape considering your requirement as it offers wider authority for each process. Like setup and operation for each elements in monitoring. You can find solution for your scenario in solman [security guide|https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000370562009E/SM_SECURITY_SPS23.pdf].

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagan