cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

critical patch p6646850_10202_Solaris8664.zip giving error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are applying critical patch 6646850 to our development system.

While applying the patch we are getting error OUI-67200:Make failed to

invoke "/usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle

ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/WSO/102_64"....'ld: fatal: file

/oracle/WSO/102_64/lib//libctx10.a(drwa.o):

Also we are getting library -lclntsh: not found due to this we are

getting below error.

Re-link fails on target "ioracle".

Re-link fails on target "iokinit".

Re-link fails on target "ioklist".

Re-link fails on target "iokdstry".

Re-link fails on target "irman".

Steps for Reconstruction

We have followed the following steps to apply the patch 6646850.

step 1-We have used OPatch utility release 10.2.0.2.5

step-2-set enviorment variable

PATH=$PATH\:/oracle/WSO/102_64/OPatch;export PATH

step-3- go to 6646850 directory and applied the patch from there.

We got the above arror and that moment of time it asked us whether you

want to proceed or not.We said no due to the above errors.

Can anyone please assist.

Regards,

Sachidananda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had faced the similar issue while applying interim patches via opatch. SAP told us that there was a bug in the opatch version that we were using and had suggested us to use the latest opatch utility avialable on the marketplace and then try to re-apply the patch. It worked wonders for us.

Please try that once. It might solve your issue.

regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

All the prerequisite are met and this error is not listed in the the known error.

opatch lsinventory also have no problem.

@Anup, we are using opatch p4898608_10202_GENERIC_v5.zip version is i.e OPatch 10.2.0.2.5.

Can you please let me know the opatch version you used. for 10.2.0.2, cureently this is the latest opatch available.

Regards,

Sachidananda

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason I asked for opatch lsinventory is this does the patch number show up in the list of applied patches .. I have faced a situation where the patch installation met with many errors but it did show up in opatch lsinventory output and then I did relink all which succeeded and everything was smooth.

Regards

Kausik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Yes, you are right optach lsinventory will show all the details regarding the patch applied.

In our case optach lsinventory has no prblem, i tried to relink all but it was also went in vain.

Will there be any other alternatives to resolute the problem.

Hi All,

Does anyone have any solution for this problem.

Regards,

Sachidananda

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I was on your shoe I would hv done the following.

1. Check thoroughly the ENV settings sometimes we overlook very basic things..

If the above is correct.

2. make, ar, ld, and nm are available if this is also OK check step3.

3. Does the library exists /oracle/WSO/102_64/lib//libctx10.a also lclntsh in ur dev system if not and if you hv any system having homogenous settings ie same OS version also same Oracle DB version copy those missing library files from there and place them in ur dev system and then rerun the patch.

But one thing let me tell u that this wud be a very courageous step so make sure u r in a position to revert to the earlier situation if step 3 doesn't work.

4. If everything fails it is appropriate to raise an SR with oracle support or SAP message which is convenient. Reason you cannot experiment much with these patches u need to take help of oracle support.

Regards

Kausik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

1.I have checked thoroughly the ENV settings, no problem with env variables.

2.make, ar, ld, and nm are available.

3.I thought out to copy the missing library. However I have not taken this step by thinking the consequence of failure.

4.I have raised message with SAP,they suggested two things.

Either to reinstall oracle and apply the patch or do not apply this critical patch and go for patchset upgrade.

Regards,

Sachidananda

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u r planning to reinstall oracle then i guess it wud be good to try out copying missing libraries and try out the patch...provided u shud backup ur oracle_home as because opatch apply will only touch the files of ur oracle_home and not the DB files so incase u see a problem u can very well restore the backed up oracle home.....

But obviously u are the best man to take the final call.

Regards

Kausik

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the error does not come under known issues provided in the readme along with the patch.Then please check the following

1.The $PATH variable should be set properly such that access to the following executables are there make, ar, ld, and nm.

For eg /usr/ccs/bin it depends on the OS platform

2. LIBPATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH depending on which OS you are using should have an entry like $ORACLE_HOME/lib

3. Search out for the library files which is said to be missing.

One question I had

What is the output of opatch lsinventory ?

Regards

Kausik