cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async/Sync Operation with SOAP?

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have created a service interface with two operations. An Asyn iDoc operation and a Sync RFC operation. I've created a web service which the partner references. If I configure the SOAP commsn channel as Best Effort (Synchronous) then the iDoc Operation returns an error 'Only asynchronous processing supported for IDoc adapter outbound processg' BUT the RFC operation works. If I configure the web service as Exactly Once (Async) then the iDoc operation works perfectly but the RFC operation doens't return a response, it becomes Async.

Any idea how I can have an Asyn and Sync Operation in the same Service Interface, Using the same SOAP comms channel?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I blogged a similar scenario in this blog: /people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2009/07/31/using-service-interfaces-now-reuse-one

I used FILE...you have IDOC.

Do you have to include the IDOC into the SI?

Regards,

Abhishek.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could provide QoS as URL parameter, when you call SOAP adapter URL.

I do not see any other way to achieve this.

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

So although a Service Interface can contain Syn and ASyn Operations a SOAP Comms Channel can only be Sync or ASync?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not want to tell something wrong. I have not much experience with that topic.

maybe there is something new in PI 7.11 that I do not know.

In PI 7.0 the SOAP adapter determines the QoS from channel config or from URL parameters. The SOAP adapter does not read repository and so does not know, if an interface is sync or async.

This is different, when you use WS-RM adapter with ABAP/Java proxies. Here you can use the same interface for sync and async operations.

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Stefan,

From what I can see it may be possible to use parameters to control the quality of service but its not that clear in the documentation. I'm interested to see if anyone else has done this.

Rob

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You find this in SAP Note 856597.