SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consume budget from upper level fund center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

PSM-BCS / ECC6.00

I have created a fund Center Hierarchy,

I have defined Level 1 fund centers as Budget address and level 2 & 3 fund centers as posting address. I want level 2 and 3 fund centers to consume the budget of level 1 fund center.

what settings are required to make the above scenario work. Also the otherway, can i restrict level 2 or 3 fund centers from consuming budget assigned to level 1 fund center.

I don't know if this is a right approach. Please advice how can i make this work.

Thanks

Shekhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using budget structure, create a budget structure derivation strategy, which will derive the superior fund centre from the ones where the posting happens.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using budget structure, create a budget structure derivation strategy, which will derive the superior fund centre from the ones where the posting happens.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a strategy for derivation of Budget address and assigned it to the Budget Structure.

Derivation RULE

Fund Center --> Fund Center

FC-B (level 2) = FC-A (Level 1)

FC-C (level 2) = FC-A (Level 1)

Then I have maintained budget for Fund/FC-A/Committment Item in FMBB.

But when I am posting(FB50) to FC-B, i am getting an error "annual budget exceed for Fund/FC-B/Committment.

Do I have to do some other configuration or reconstruct or reinitialize or any other steps I should to do?

Please advice.

Best Regards

Chandarshekhar Y.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you have to run FMBSIDX_RECON transaction (+ FMAVCREINIT to be more secure). In the output of this transaction, you will see whether the fund centres are derived correctly or not.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have run both the transactions still same error. In the output I am not getting any values/address.

Regards

Shekhar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you to go to your derivation strategy (FMBSDERIBO) and activate a trace to see that the budget address is derived correctly.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated trace in (FMBSDERIBO),

then i tried to post using FB50, The posting address and the target address are the same(Level 2 Fund/FC-B/Commitment Item).

The derivation seems to be incorect.

I have only one derivation rule

Source field

FM_ADDRESS FUNDSCTR

Target Field

BO_ADDRESS FUNDSCTR

Rule Values

Fund Center AS Fund Center

FC-B = FC-A

FC-C = FC-A

Regards

Shekhar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that BO_ADDRESS FUNDSCTR is overwritten with the new value ('Details' button next to the field).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thankyou very much, I have succefully completed the scenario.

I have one question, when i reconstruct the index for the posting address. The some of the posting address have got created with commitment Items that are not relevent to these fund centers.

(Because while reconstructing index i am not able to restrict with commitment item.)

Best Regards

Shekhar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can control posting addresses via FMBSPO transaction.

Regards,

Eli