cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Scheduling - Disable Forward Scheduling with ATP in Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Experts,

I am wondering how I can completly disable forward scheduling in sales orders.

For my sales order type I already configured in customizing that delivery scheduling should only carry out backward scheduling (I set the backward indicator in SPRO -> Sales and Distrbution -> Basic Functions -> Delivery Scheduling and Transport Scheduling -> Define Scheduling By Sales Document Type).

The result is that no forward scheduling is carried out when material is in stock. This is OK.

But when there is no stock and ATP indicates an expected inward movement, the system ignores the indicator and carries out forward scheduling anyway.

Is there any possibility to change this behaviour? I have not found anything in customizing.

Does anyone know a user-exit or similar for this?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Björn

Are you using APO and/or Delivery Groups?

What release are you in, I am guessing ECC 6.0.

Please review the following OSS Notes:

833272 - Change of delivery and transportation scheduling in SD

547508 - FAQ: Schedule line overview and ATP

If you are using APO

606635 - Scheduling: No dates in the past II-

606488 - Scheduling: No dates in the past

382746 - Collective note: Delivery+transportation scheduling with APO

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

thanks for your answer. As we are on ECC 6.0 and do not have APO, the OSS Note 833272 looked very promising.

But when I installed the note and tested it I realized that it is only working for re-determination with ATP. Nevertheless this

might fix other potential problems we may have with standard behaviour.

But at initial determination (= when entering position in sales order) there is still a forward calculation which I want to have disabled.

Delivery Groups also do not work because they work the other way round from our logic - they determine all positions to the latest date calculated.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Björn

I had an inkling but did not put any efforts in that direction yesterday. This ( carrying out Forward Scheduling in case of shortages) is standard behavior. I quote SAP documentation below:

":Note that when the availability check has been activated for the schedule line category in Customizing, and availability is poor, the system ignores the Backward indicator and carries out forward scheduling anyway."

Link: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/da/76ab04ebea11d1954900a0c9306667/frameset.htm

As such I don't think you have any options left, sorry! But wait a minute. Did you try playing around with availability check control ( T code OVZ9) by a) not including any inward movements, b) Check without Replenishment Lead Time check box,and, c) Receipts in the past fields. May be that way you can prevent the system from considering future receipts and get your desired results somehow. Just a thought.

Answers (0)