cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction takes more database time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Today morning one user excute transaction CK40N shows more time at the database level.It impacts on performance of our production system.Now i want to investigate why this transaction takes more database time .

I want to compare with last 2 months database time taken by excuting this transaction (CK40N) in the same date and time.

i tried but i am unable to get i checked in st03n,stad.

can any body can help me how to find out.

Best Regards,

kiranchaitanya.

mine environment:-

ECC6.0,

IBM-AIX-5.3

ORACLE-10.0.2.0.2

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use ST12 or ST05 to generate trace of perticular execution. From trace you can find out access to which table is slow.

Once you find table, check stats of table using DB20. Index Quality.

If nothing hepls check if there is increase in records of table.

Kind Regards

Abhijeet Rathi

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kiranchaitanya

Regardless of the issue I recommend implementing BR*Tools 7.10 and SAP note [Note 1020260 - Delivery of Oracle statistics|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1020260] if not yet performed.

Check the following:

- Oracle statistics are created daily

- Oracle system statistics are created quarterly (or after specific interventions)

- Oracle dictionary statistics are created quarterly (or after specific interventions)

Check your performance details of Oracle (hit cache ratio and so on) to ensure those are correct in DB02 under Performance Overview.

To check the transaction in ST03N go into expert mode and on the left pane under "workload" you can compare by week for example

double-click the week of which you want data. Next go the lower left pane, there you need to db-click on "Standard" under Analysis Views --> Transaction Profile.

Next find or the list so you have your transaction displayed in the list on the right pane.

Repeat these steps for other weeks and compare the data.

Can you tell me how many % of the response time is database time (once you have the transaction on the right pane in ST03N with statistical data, go

to the third tab there called "parts of response time" and check the %DB Time column) ?

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello kiranchaitanya.

Probably some CBO statistic of some involved table is not current.

Check with SM50 and/or ST04 which table(s) spends more time accessing the database and check the CBO statistics from

DB20.

Best regards,

Rafael