Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

splitting single file

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sdners,

i have a requirement of spliting a single file from source....into 2 files....at the target side...and my target directory should be same

i should use only one business system at sender nd receiver.....!!!

thnx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

splitting single message(file) into multiple messages is possible by using the BPM concept., using BPM we can split the message, In BPM u can use one receive step , one transformation step(for splitting) , one fork step in that u can use two receiver determination steps, and two send step (one for one receiver, another for second receiver).

In message interface u can use one source abstract interface, and two receiver abstract interface at target side. and u need one sender data type and two receiver data types.

u can try this based on above information u wil get output

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

no i want this without BPM's and multimapping.....because in multimapping we need to maintain 2interfaces at target side....i want

only one sender interface and one receiver interface thts it.....!!!

no BPM's nd multimappings.....how can we achieve the above requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

As already mentioned above.. so Just use the blog /people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible which will fulfill your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In what basis you want ot split your message??

The below blog will helps you

/people/ranga.rajan2/blog/2010/03/17/multi-mapping-with-a-simple-scenario--fledgling-kit

Regards

Ramg

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

@Sarvesh,

i have written it clearly i dont want to use multimapping.....coz for multimapping we need to go for 2 receiver interfaces

i want this result only with one sender and receiver interfaces....and also without BPM's

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

When you spliting a file in to two files,what about the structure of these two files?? both same format?? is yes then you can achive this using only one receiver interface(you have to write mapping logic),if it is different then 2 interfaces required.

Regards,

Raj

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

@Raja sekhar

yes my source and target message format is XML only.....!!!

so i have to go for UDF right....no other option for this aaa....??

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> yes my source and target message format is XML only.....!!!

>

XML message format only,what about structure format?? same or different.

Regards,

Raj

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

@Raja

tell me with both the cases....!!!

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is different structure then you have to create two message interfaces else one is enough.

if structure issame :The logic you can build using node functions like split by value to split one file in to multiple,you have to change target interface occurace to 1 to unbounded .

if structure is different : Then you have to go with multi mapping without BPM

Regards,

Raj

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

k thanx for u r suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In the Message Mapping, go to message tab and change the occurance of taget Message to 0..unbound.

in the mapping write the logic in such a way that target message repeats 2 times(u need 2 files right).

in the Interface determination,use enhanced interface determination and select the corresponding interface mapping.

please use this logic and let me know if u need any help on this.

Thanks,

Hemanth.

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

@Hemanth

no i dont want the xeror copy of the complete file...in 2 files

suppose i have one xml file i with 2nodes and each node consists 4 fields each....then i want to populate 2files at the receiver

side with 1node in each file, just split those nodes from the source file

now i think itz clear for u

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>

> suppose i have one xml file i with 2nodes and each node consists 4 fields each....then i want to populate 2files at the receiver

> side with 1node in each file, just split those nodes from the source file

>

it is very simple buddy,simplt the file based on number of nodes and communication channel use add time stamp,one message interface for receiver and one for source,chanche the occurace thats it.

where you struck now??

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somasankar,

I did this scenario exactly what you said, the message is failing at Sender 2 step?

Any inputs for this please, Mapping is working fine. One xml has to 2 kind of message information, I am splitting with 1:n with BPM, receiver deter1, sender1 and recever detrermination 2,sender 2 in fork with one additional branch for alert mechanism, process is coming in switch but failing at sender step 2. two diffrent interfaces to receiver on SNC system.

Many Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

this might help :

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3115] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3343] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please explain with more details .. what kind of source file you have .. on which basis it has to be split.

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

@Michal u r saying about multimapping and for this u need to have 2 receiver interfaces....am i right....??

@Jyoti..... itz an xml file to xml file scenario.....

i guess v need to write UDF for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use multimapping without BPM for this requirement.

> i guess v need to write UDF for this

No need.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just split it in the mapping as two separate interfaces (two mappings from one source)

what's the issue here ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk