cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The secLdap plugin failed to verify the server administration credentials

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am trying configure LDAP authentication on BO XI 3.1, I am giving LDAP Server Administration Credentials as

cn=abcd,cn=users,dc=company,dc=com

and base LDAP Distinguished name as

dc=company,dc=com.

after clicking Finish to save LDAP settings I am getting error as

The secLdap plugin failed to verify the server administration credentials

Also is there any extra step to enable LDAP plugin on BO?

Any help regarding this much appreaciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error message is related to a administration credentials you have provided. The administrator credentials should have read access to the Active Directory. Probably you're missing the OU there "cn=abcd,cn=users,dc=company,dc=com".

Check the administrator account attributes from AD explorer tool or any third party application like Softera LDAP browser or check with ur AD admin.

Basically for LDAP configuration u will have to finish the LDAP configuration wizard and then map the LDAP group either in CN or DN format.

Hope the information helps!!!

Thanks,

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, check the administrator account password!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for immediate reply. i checked the OU and added it but still same error. Also do i need to enable the LDAP plugin?

the administrator account credentials are correct i have verified.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, enable the LDAP plugin and click on update below then start off with the LDAP configuration wizard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

From where and how can i enable the LDAP plugin? i can see the LDAP configuration wizrd. But unable to find the option to enable LDAP plugin.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The LDAP plugin gets enabled once you are done with the LDAP wizard.

1) First enter the LDAP hosts

2) Choose the LDAP server type as "custom"

3) Base Distinguished name : dc=abc,dc=com

4) Administrator credentials : cn=x,cn=....

5) let the next steps be default.

Please let us know if you r still getting the same above error message related to admin credentials?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still getting the same error. I am entering Admin crdentials as

cn=abcd,cn=users,ou=domain admins,dc=company,dc=com

Also can you please explain why we need to select LDAP server type as " Custom" and not as Microsoft Active Directory? and if we choose Custom do we need to make any changes in default parameters under Custom?

Thanks

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is you CMS on unix/linux using oracle drivers? We have issues with certain oracle drivers on unix/linux you can search our KB's for the number and versions that are needed. Also use the IP address in the LDAP host and verify the port access. The error you are receiving is pretty generic and could be many things.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

After giving display name instead of login name, it resolved my problem.

Thanks,