Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow in Notification

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I activated workflow in notification and it is working fine. But I need to clarify on the part of task assignment.

Flow

1. Notification created- Co-ordinator assigned and workflow triggers email to Co-ordinators inbox.

2. Co-ordinator assign's Task and Person responsible- Workflow triggered to Person responsible for task completion.

3. Task completes

4. Co-ordinator get email for completion of notification.

5 Co-ordinator closes all task sucessfully and completes notification.

cycle completes.

Now coming to my doubt, it is at line 2

A person responsible receives the Task, but status is at Outstanding Task.

Next when he releases task, it goes out of his workflow inbox. Actually, it should disappear only after he completes the task.

Why its is not displaying in my workflow list, even before I complete the task. (Only released for processing and it moves out of my workflow list for Task)

Please suggest, if I am wrong anywhere. Also please tell who should release task. Or should I dont release the task and only complete the task after completing it?

Thanks

Vineeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thx done with standard workflow

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

Standard workflow will have to be manipulated in this case. I had taken the help of a workflow consultant for doing the same

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My issues related to this are;

1. Two line items are created in my worflow inbox related to same notification. Information in both lines are same, why system is generating same information as two line items. If I select one line item and complete the workflow, both line items will disappear from inbox. How to resolve it?

2. When a Task is released its not available in workflow.

Meaning,

a) If it is released by co-ordinator the task will not be available to person responsible in his inbox

b) If co-ordinator assigns a Task and dont release it, It will be available with Person Resposnible for completion.

c) If person responsible "release task" without "completion" of task, Then alsoTask from inbox is dissapearing.

3. For Q2 notification Vendor will be assigned through Partner. Cam we trigger email to then automatically to there external emails along with workflow functionality.

I request someone to help, if you ever faced these issues

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gajesh,

I am using standard work flow and emails are getting triggered to internal users for all task assigned. I may assign task against vendor also in Q2 notification asking for CAPA submission, can I trigger an email from my workflow to external email id of vendor. This will be maintaine din the vendor master. Is there any standard functionality available in SAP itself fot mail trigger to external email id.

Contents in the email should be same as that of a Task email.

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

Coordinator has to release the task. So that when the person responsilble receives it he can complete the task

I have done a similar workflow , for any doubts please revert back

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gajesh,

Thanks for your response.

The email/workflow for Task is not coming in worklist of "person responsible", if co-ordinator releases the Task after assigning a person responsible.

Same way if Person Responsible hit on Release of Task, without Task completion it will vanish out of his inbox.

In this case the detail of that particular task released notification will not be available with Co-ordinator or With Person responsible. please tell what might have gone wrong.

If in QM02, I go and change Task status from Released to Completed, again it will reappear under Co-ordinator inbox. asking for notification completion.

Concluding: If task is Released, notification is in No Mans land in workflow, am not able to track it.

Another issue is am getting workflow information in my inbox in repeatedtly,Means workflow triggered email will show as 2 line item with same information.

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese