cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS-ABAP (BI) system registration in SLD RZ70 Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, I'm following the SAP note 983156 - BI configuration w. Template Installer and I'm in the step in order to establish communication between my BW IDES and Portal.

""Checking the AS-ABAP (BI) system registration in SLD""

the note says:

"When configuring the Webdynpro Jco destination connectivity the AS-ABAP (BI) system must be configured in the SLD."

Procedure:

-

Logon to the SLD: http://<host>:<port>/sld. (Your configured SLD (central or local SLD))

Please check in Home -> Technical Systems -> select type ABAP. This

should have configuration of your ABAP (BI) system.

If it is missing, logon to your ABAP (BI) system -> goto transaction RZ70. Fill in the SLD bridge: gateway info -> Activate -> Start data collection."

-

Well, when I'm in SDL Home > Technical systems, I have nothing there, so I started to enable the SDL Bridge in RZ70 and after running it, it gives me the error:

-

0: ibm_IAM_00 : Collection of SLD data finished

0: ibm_IAM_00 : Data collected successfully

0: ibm_IAM_00 : RFC data prepared

0: ibm_IAM_00 : Used RFC destination: IBM_PORTAL_IAN

0: ibm_IAM_00 : RFC call failed: JCO.Server could not find server function 'SET_SLD_DATA'

0: ibm_IAM_00 : Existing periodic jobs removed. Number: 1

0: ibm_IAM_00 : Program scheduled: 20100602 000100

1: ibm_IAM_00 : Event-controlled job already exists; scheduling not necessary

I looked through other posts, I eliminated SLD_NUC and SLD_UC from JAVA Visual Administrator, but still, the error persists.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, check the SLDCHECK txn in your BI system. It'll show you the errors. And then check the SLD connectivity information in SLDAPICUST txn.

And, you'll get a flowchart to solve out the errors in the sap help link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for the inputs, the threads still has available points, so, I'll keep it here.

i can't upgrade my SPS stacks since I'm on IDES version and I don't have Solution Manager to download the packages, therefor i continue with my level of packages...09

Dibya, i checked Tcode sldcheck and that's the error it gives:

-

SLD server access settings:

host name: ibm

port number: 50100

user :

Use transaction SLDAPICUST if you wish to maintain the SLD server access data

Launching the SLD GUI in a separate browser window...

=> Verify in the browser GUI that the SLD is in a healthy running state!

Calling function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS

Retrieving data from the SLD server...

Function call returned exception code 3

=> Check whether the SLD is running!

-

I have maintained the Tcode SLDAPICUST, with SLDDSUSER, pass, host and port

I have my portal destination in Visual Administrator and in SM59 and it checked well

i created also RFC connections: LCRSAPRFC, SAPSLDAPI, SLD_NUC, SLD_UC both in Visual Administrator and in SM59 and all of them connect without problem....

But I still can't set up things! Any ideas?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What SLD gateway host and port are you using in RZ70 ? Is this SLD gateway host of your SLD system or BI system ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cristiano, Sunny, i assigned points to both of you, thank you for the interest, but I found too many other errors there??!1 I'm going crazy here

Anyway, i decided to first up my Support Package level.

I have installed 4 servers on the same PC:

1/ SAP IDES Netweaver 2004s BW/SEM (ABAP ONLY) SP9

2/ SAP IDES Netweaver 2004s BW/SEM (JAVA ONLY) SP9

3/ SAP ECC 6.0 EHP4 (ABAP ONLY)

4/ Standalone Gateway Service

My end goal is to interconnect BW/SEM ABAP Stack with Java Stack in order to be able to use "Integrated Planning" fiture, New BI Administration Cockpit and view BW queries through the WEBex.

so, for now, I'm planning to update my SPS to the level 21 and start all this integrating thing again, do you thing it's a good idea or I could integrate these parts before upping my stacks?

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Kuatroka,

I would say that you should carry out the upgrade and later on integrate.

Best regards,

Cristiano

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kuatroka,

In relation to the following error received: "JCO.Server could not find server function SET_SLD_DATA"

1) RZ70 could not find gateway - check gateway defined in RZ70 is up and running in host and SLD home page ->Administration -> Data Supplier Bridge and SLD gateway host is reachable from ABAP system host.

2) Be aware SLD/J2EE does not install a gateway as standard - you must either install a dedicated gateway instance using Presentation CD/DVD or you must use a local ABAP gateway (normally local ABAP stack if SLD runs on J2EE ADDIN) or ensure the definitions are correct for any other ABAP systems gateway you choose to use

3) Check the definitions in SLD -> Administration ->Data Supplier Bridge match the definitions in RZ70 - try also FQDN. Ensure these are the same!

4) If you are operating multiple SLD see SAP note 700127

5) Ensure you have not manually created entries for SLD_UC and SLD_NUC in the JCO RFC provider of the visual administrator. The SLD has its own internal JCO provider so there should be no entries in that of the Engine.

I am not sure of your SP levels, but this may also apply: if you have a gateway service on the defined host, the definitions

match between RZ70 and SLD, the gateway is running then it could be a problem with RZ70 - implement notes 906454 and 926089 and 907729.

I hope this information helps.

All the best,

Cristiano