cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how we can increase decimal places in Sales Order for Qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Sales Order qty field now its 3 decimal places for MON unit of measure but we want 4. how we can increase decimal places.

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards,

PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Tcode CUNI - Unit of measurement : Initial Screen.

For MON unit maintain following parmeter as per your requirment:

-Number of decimal places for number display

Use - This parameter determines the number of decimal places with which this measurement unit is displayed.

-Base ten exponent for floating-point display

Use - This exponent determines how the values for this measurement unit are formatted as floating point numbers.

Examples - If the exponent is 3, the floating point numbers have the format xxx.xxxxE3.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

When i goto tcode CUNI and click on unit of measurement (No Dimensions) it dosenot show any entry for Unit of measurement MON. When i go for create it gives the message it already exist.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & Regards,

PM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In CUNI,

choose ISO Units.

Where MON stands for Month and I don't feel you can change decimals for Month.

Based on SAP help.

It is a value for a physical size. Such units are displayed on the screen and used for internal conversion purposes. There are standardized names (ISO codes) for all units of measurement.

Examples: Length dimension includes meter, centimeter and inch. Time dimension includes second, minute and hour. In the SAP System, quantity units with no dimensions such as crate or cardboard box are handled in the same way as units of measurement and maintained in the same place (but conversion factors cannot be specified).

Hope it solves your requirement.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I changed the decimal places for MON unit of measurement but still i cannot enter more than 3 decimal places.

Is there any another setting or where i can maintained the exact decimal places.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

PM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To elaborate better.

Again, use Tcode CUNI - Unit of measurement : Initial Screen.

At initial screen, choose TIME from the list (where by default AAAADL- no dimensions is there).

And click on UNIT OF MEASUREMENT button.

In that you will find MON - Month.

There go for details by selecting MON or select MON and press F5 from Key board.

For MON unit maintain following parameter as per your requirement:

-Number of decimal places for number display

Use - This parameter determines the number of decimal places with which this measurement unit is displayed.

-Base ten exponent for floating-point display

Use - This exponent determines how the values for this measurement unit are formatted as floating point numbers.

Examples - If the exponent is 3, the floating point numbers have the format xxx.xxxxE3.

And deselect commercial meas. unit in application parameters section.

I would suggest instead of changing standard settings of MON, you create ZMON in TIME dimension.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

saif_sabri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Modifying Tables

To modify a table, enter the name of the table and click on the Change button on the lower part of the screen.

The system will display a dialog box requesting the change request number for registering the modification.

Defining Fields

Since tables are composed of fields, there are some field attributes that must be defined. These are:

¨ Field name. The name assigned to the field in the table

¨ Key flag. When set, indicates that the field is key or is part of the key

¨ Data type. The data type assigned to the field

¨ Field length

¨ Number of decimal positions. Only applies to numerical field types

¨ Short text. A short description of the field

Regards from Pakistan

saif_sabri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can set up a custom unit of measure, link it to an ISO code, and specify

other details such as decimal places and rounding rules.

Other settings for key fields appear in the menu when you follow the menu path

Logistics u2013 General ➢ Material Master ➢ Basic Settings ➢ Setting For Key Fields.

Regards from Pakistan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your requirement is to achieve more detailed pricing, it may be simpler to record condition records using a larger "per" quantity.

E.g.

7.75 per 1 ea vs.

77.52 per 10 ea (which equates to 7.752 per 1 ea, but without changing the number of decimal points).

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

T Code: CUNI - Unit of measurement initial scree. In teh initial screen select the parameter(Dimension type) type as TIME and click on unit of Measurement button. In the next scree select the MON unit and click on display, here you can maintain the necessary settings including the number of decimal places.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

use CUNI transaction code...you can change decimal points there...

Regards,

Bharat B