cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass adapter attributes from Mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a requirement where I need to pass all the attributes of HTTP receiver adapter to the communication channel (HTTP adapter) from the mapping. Attributes like Target Host, Service Number, Path, Authentication data (Username, Password) etc need to passed to the HTTP receiver adapter from the mapping.

Could anybody help me out on this please? Also, please pass on any related blogs or posts.

Thanks,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that HTTP adapter does not allow to set user and password dynamically.

Maybe you can use SOAP adapter instead. When you check "do not use SOAP header" it works like an HTTP adapter.

You can set target URL and authentication dynamically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the information!! Now I'll replace HTTP with SOAP adapter. Are you aware of any blog or documentation or any other source available to achieve this requirement? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Vijay

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I dont think we can write the j2ee based adapter module in HTTP adapter.. But anyways check this blog which talk about the adapter module in HTTP adapter using abap coding

/people/william.li/blog/2009/03/19/adapter-user-module-for-http-adapter

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Jun 1, 2010 12:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji, The customer is insisting only on a Java based solution and not interested in any ABAP based solution. I've already looked into this blog.

Vijay, Is it that only adapter-specific message attributes can be passed via dynamic configuration? Is there also a way to pass parameters like Target Host,Path,Service Number etc which are not part of the adapter-specific msg attibutes via dynamic configuration?? Any ideas??

Thanks,

Vijay

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use dynamic configuration.

an use case can be found here - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

For the specific adapter attributes refer - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/43/64dbb0af9f30b4e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm