cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin capactiy for SUT strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My question is How system calculate the capacity for putaway for SUT strategy and we are not maintaining any capcity in bin master data.

Scenario:

We are using SUT strategy and I have divided my bin into two sections A and B and some bins I have divided like 10 also.

Now I have added storage bin type to storage bin and for that bin type I have assigned possible SUTS.

I have allowed mixed storage A(allow homogenious SUT) and addition to existing stock.

In material master I have mentioned like 10 E1 and 20 E2 as LE quantity.Now in one storage bin I kept only 5 E1 and after that I

want to put 15 E1. Then how system behaves here, for eg. if system put that 15 in another bin then how what about the free

space in bin and how system select the storage bin section.

Your help is greatly appriciated

Thank

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Capacity at the bin master level isn't the only criteria to determine putaway startegy. Settings at storage type level govern it most of the times. Capacity check setting at storage type is fo utmost importance. Also if the putaway strategy is next empty bin for this storage type, while creatig TO system always will look for next empty bin even though the earlier bins are not full unless you manually specify the not-full bins in TO.

Regards

Navin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

some helpful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure if I understand the question but:

System simply picks the lowest bin and selects next lowest bin after bin is ocupied by single SU.

I don't think bin selection by open capacity (after SU is moved into it) is standard SAP.

In my opinion if you need the remaining space filled the moves will need to be done manualy.

If any one reads this and knows better please post to correct me.