cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strored procedure problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to call a two stored procedures. The stored procedure contains INPUT and OUTPUT parameters. Some of them are IN and OUT at the same time. For these values, is it mandatory to define isInput AND isOutput?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

online help:

"The elements within the stored procedure are interpreted as parameters. They can optionally have the attribute isInput=u201C1u201C (input parameter) or isOutput=u201C1u201C (output parameter) or both (INOUT parameter). If both attributes are missing, the element is interpreted as an input parameter. The parameter names must be identical to those of the stored procedure definition."

I think this states clearly, what to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I missed that.

But I am getting an strange error. In my request structure I have to statements. DATA_HEADER and DATA_ITEM. Both of them trigger a different stored procedure. DATA_HEADER doesn't get any error but in DATA_ITEM I get the error below. Nothing comes to mind with this error and I dont know were to look. everything seems ok.

Any idea?

Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'SP' (structure 'DATA_ITEM'): java.lang.NullPointerException

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For calling of Stored procedures Isinput & Isoutput is mandatory.

If u want particular field map Isinput with Constant parameter as True & if u dont want particular field u can use IsOutput with Constant parameter as False.

Thnx,

Siva