cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SAP with Documentum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

This is regarding the integration of SAP with Documentum. Have any one of you implemented this or came across this requirement? I will just brief you about Documentum which will give you better idea about my requirement.

Documentum is an enterprise content management platform, now delivered by EMC Corporation, as well as the name of the software company that originally developed the technology. The Documentum platform is part of EMC's content management and archiving business unit, one of EMC's four operating divisions.

Documentum Overview

Documentum is Document Management software, which means that it provides a vault in which to store your documents. Rather than keeping their important files on a fileserver, companies put them in Document Management systems.

Documentum is like a normal file system (hard drive) on steroids. Instead of storing your files on your own hard disk, you store them inside the Documentum system. This allows people to access your files if they need to and allows you to access their files. Itu2019s kind of like a network file server, but much fancier.

Please, revert to me on the same. We are planning to do the integration of SAP with Documentum.

Your support and inputs are highly appreciated on the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar ,

We have also same requirement in our project Integration of SAP with document-um,as of now I have performed below activities ,Please validate /correct me if I am wrong /missing any thing

1)Internet Information Server (IIS) installed

2) SAP content server 6.5 installed

3)Post Installation -Testing the Connection to the Content Server

4)oac0—Defining a logical Archive ID

5) CSADMIN

Above all working fine all connection test successful for content repository .

Please advise is anything needs to be installed form document um side or any other config is required .

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Advance Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kedar Malekar.

As I know, EMC has developed Documentum Repository Manager (DRM) for SAP NetWeaver Portal.

We've successfully implemented the DRM in our portal project, integrating documents of Documentum repositories into the KM of the Portal.

Hope this scenario could fit your requirements too.

Regards, Mikhail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mikhail for your inputs. Do you have prepared any document or work instruction on process followed in intergration of SAP with documentum. Also is it mandatory to have Netweaver Process Integration solution to perform the intergration of SAP with documentum?

Appreicate your inputs.

Best Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kedar,

we used the Installation guides included into the DRM installation packages. We didn't prepare our own work instructions.

>

> Also is it mandatory to have Netweaver Process Integration solution to perform the intergration of SAP with documentum?

>

We integrated SAP NetWeaver Portal, not Process Integration. In our use case Portal was mandatory.

Regards, Mikhail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mikhail. I will update you what method or procedure we will follow.

Best Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sachin for your response and really appreciated the same. Surely get in touch with you if any assistance is required.

I have gone through your blog and your profile looks amazing. Hats off to you.

Best Regards,

Kedar

Edited by: Kedar Malekar on Jul 20, 2010 12:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

We have an urgent requirement from client regarding SAP Integration with Documentum. It would be great if you could throw some light on this I have gone through many websites I didn’t find any information.

My client would like to have a demo on Integration with Documentum Can we achieve this in Standard SAP or do we need to install any software or purchase license from SAP to do necessary configuration

Please let me know

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Documentum is basically a content repository provided by a 3rd party.

The documentation about the integration with your landscape should be provided by the vendor.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already initiated that process. Before getting response from them, I want to understand the steps and prerequisites. Form the same, fired this query. I have also raised an OSS message. This is what they have to say.

We need to have Netweaver Process Integration solution. They have shared one PDF file also. Let me know if I can attach it in my thread. So that I can share it with you guys.

Best Regards,

Kedar