Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo2.1 connectivity problem

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to connect the OPC server through PCo2.1 but in-vain:

1. Created a source system with the properIP

2. Created a agent along with the proper port(which is open)

3. Service dependencies are started in the computer management.

4. But when tried to start Agent Instance,

it is NOT running at all. Due to that I can't establish connection between MII and OPC server

Can anybody please help me.

--Prahlad

Edited by: Prahlad Chowdhury on Jun 1, 2010 11:10 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Pls follow my last comment regarding this item issue.

Thanks

Prahlad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prahalad,

Please configure a fresh agent completely with subscription itmes then create your notification with destination then run it.

are you able to add subscription item?

have you configured notification?

and also check log for your agent.

For more details refer the following thread here you find out hep file and more details.

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

0 Kudos

Dear Manoj,

Thanks for your quick reply...

But here I am trying to connect to the OPC through PCo2.1 just for tag query so Notification related things are not required.

However In the mean while I have progressed a little...

After installing the OPC core components, now the PCo error has changed. It is giving an error the authentication is failing as below.

General PCo Fault: The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

Currently the user specified by default in PCo agent is .\localsystem. We have tried with the computer admin user as well but getting the same error.

Can you/anyone please tell me what would be the Service Username and Service Password for this connecitivity.

--Prahlad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you have looked at the COM settings. Is the MII destination testing fine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prahlad,

I want to know how are you connecting tag query of MII with PCo i am not aware about it?

Have you installed Plant Connectivity 2.1 in OPC Server system?

I have tried with one notification O/P (Expression 1 = Tag1) Destination (MII Transaction) i am getting value of tag in MII (XML).

My agent is running fine but i dont have OPC simulator but manually i have tested notification delivery it is working fine for me.

Regards,

Manoj

0 Kudos

CKxMII ,

Default COM settings are fine so far, is there any special settings required? Otherwise it's OK.

--Prahlad

0 Kudos

Dear Manoj,

Yes you are right I have installed PCo2.1 in the same system where OPC server is installed.

So from MII I am connecting the PCo2.1 client by using UDS and proper IP and port( which I have configured in the PCo)

Thanks for your RND with Notification, but my main problem is connection between OPC and PC02.1 client, once it is established I will be able to retrieve the Tags.

Regards,

--Prahlad

0 Kudos

Hi All,

It's a good experience..... after installation of OPC core component in server m/c, now I am able to connect to the OPC server

Thanks guys.

Regards,

--Prahlad