cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG:how to pamplet values into dropdownbykey

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts

Here I am having one problem in how to capture the values from Dropdown by key.

here my issue is i want to pamphlet all the countries into drop down by key ui element and depending on country selected i need to open its own view and display country specific information hiding all other countries information.

Here the problem is dropdown by key contains on select action where we can find fire plug depending on the country selected in drop down by key it should fire its own fireplug and display the information.

how can we do this please share your experience regarding this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Deepika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Here the problem is dropdown by key contains on select action where we can find fire plug depending on the country selected in drop down by key it should fire its own fireplug and display the information

r u using the same view to show the details of the country selected from the dropdown or creating different views with different plugs?

create 2 views. one for the dropdown where the country can be selected and second view containing the country specific text.

create a navigation plug from 1st view to 2nd view.

what u can do is onAction of the Dropdown UI in the 1st view write the following code:

wdThis.wdFirePlug<plugname>();

Hopw this helps u.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

how can we have all the countries information specifically in one view .

is it possible to have each view for one country and depending on the country selected it fire that view rrelated plug and get its information,is my approach is correct.

Thanks & regards

Deepika .

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The design which u have opted becomes difficult to maintain and the application becomes too heavy. Practically speaking, u have more than 100 countries. creating a view for every country implies as many views u are showing in the DD.

If the number is small (say 3 - 5) and does not change for ever, then u can go for country specific views. else, every time a new country is added the number of views increases.

U can make use of the Internationalization of WebDynpro application, which enables to use a single view and load the texts based on the locale.

To achieve this, u need to make use of the message pool to store all the texts for different languages and load the corresponding text based on the language.

Refer to the document in this link, which matches ur requirement:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/WebdynproApplicationwithLanguagedifferentthanPortalpersonalizedlanguage

Regards,

Poojith MV

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

creating each view for a country makes ur component too heavy and this is not a right approach too.

just create a single view and design the view with country specific informations and bind the fields with the context attributes.

in the DD, just fire the plug and navigate to the country view where u need to display info abt the country.

in the select method , u can get the currently selected country, and using this, get the country information and supply the data to the context attributes to display the information.

thanks and regards,

fazal

Answers (0)