MDM tracking READY folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am looking for some solution to monitor:

- exceptions

and

- ready

folders. The idea is to have automated process to infor us about errors. We also want to monitor READY folder to check if files are staying in that folder for long and from some reason are not proceed.

I have a good solution for my previous post: with question how to monitor exceptions folder Now I am looking for any kind of tool to monitor ready folders. Can you advice how to monitor ready folders in a smart way? I am basically wondering if any kind of tool can send mail with error message as it can be done for exceptions folder.

If you have any ideas please advice.

Thank you very much.

BR

Rafal Paczynski

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AutoSys - designed for Workflow Automation. Sequence of steps to be done at a specified time & can be used for Scheduling & Monitoring.

It will work on windows also.

In the AutoSys : we have to follow below steps.

1. In the Job editor we will create the Jobs(dependencies).

2. In the Job flow monitoring we will monitor the workflow.

3. create the script in the destination server(Ex: MDM Server -- where you want to track Ready folders).

4. At the specified time the Autosys Job will invoke the script & it will look into specified inbound / out bound port ready folders. It will provide no of files struck in the folder & file names.

Sending mails is also possible.

Hope this may help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Can you tell us where we get more info on autosys.Atleast for me this is very new.

Thanks

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do you have sample batch job for this scenario?

Kind Regards,

Bulent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Track MDM Port Ready(outbound/Inbound) folders / Exception folders, we can use Autosys.

AutoSys is used for defining, scheduling and monitoring jobs. These jobs can be a UNIX script, java program or any other program which can be invoked from shell.

This Autosys job will run at specified timings & it will send out a mail to concerned people(according to configurations) with number of files struck in Port Ready folders / exception folders.

Hope this may help you,

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Srinivas

Thank you for your repaly, it looks like solution we may use. Can you give me more information what exactly is AutoSys?

I am rather new to MDM so that can be dummy question

We are running on Windows so I hope that solution can also work on Windows.

For now I have scheduled batch job, but maintaining it, specially when it come to add new folders take some time and we have to remember to do it. Sending mails is also not possible

Thank you for more info.

BR

Rafal Paczynski

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>files are staying in that folder for long and from some reason are not proceed

If you are using MDM adapter to pick files, then it can be done via error monitoring of PI.

If the files are in the Ready folder for quiet some time, this means PI didn't pick it up, in which case there should be some errors in sender MDM adapter of PI.

If alerts are configured in PI for sender MDM adapter, you should get e-mails.

Please note that MDM adapter supports alert handling from SP04 onwards (of MDM component).

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhail,

I have one question.

Whatever you mentioned is covering the use case when mdm sending data to soem system because PI is picking up files.

What happen when receiving the files from other system. In this case PI will put some files in ready folder and now how we can send mails if there are some errors.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sudhanshu,

In case of PI pushing files to MDM, you will get error in Receiver MDM adapter of PI.

For receiver MDM adapter, PI can trigger alert e-mail if there is connection error between PI and MDM, Port not found, Repository not loaded etc. I have also seen cases in which PI triggered alert e-mails if the file goes in Exception folder ( i think the sender system needs to request acknowledgment for this though).

Thanks

Aamir