cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is simple file to file with out IR. Just picking the file from one app server thru FTP and placing in other app server.

My scenario is in production and working fine since Oct 2009.From last friday i am facing the problem with channel.

Communication channel is not picking the files from app server. I have stopped and started CC four to five times even though

i am facing same problem. I have refreshed cache but not solved.

In CC log i can see only " Polling interval started. Length: 600.0 seconds " but cant see "Process started " and "Message processed successfully " .

Can any one give some inputs why the files are not getting picked up. i have cross checked file names in app server no problem with file names.

Note: 20 days back My XI got upgraded to PI 7.1. Till sunday interface worked fine but i am facing problem from yesterday[monday]

Appreciate for your inputs.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like your Channels has got locked. Try this..

look into Visual Admin >Cluster> "LOCKING ADAPTER"

there you will see an option to Display Locks. If it is locked, reset the lock and restart the channel.

For more information look into SAP Note 1083488

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

As we are at PI 7.1 i dont find visual Administrator..

Can you guide me where can i find the LOCKING ADAPTER

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

> As we are at PI 7.1 i dont find visual Administrator..

In PI7.1 Visual Admin has been replaced by the Netweaver Administrator (NWA). So try with below link

http://<host>:<port>/nwa

Also go through this blog to know more about NWA

/people/suneet.agera/blog/2008/02/18/sap-landscape-administration-and-java-system-administration-an-overview

>Can you guide me where can i find the LOCKING ADAPTER

I don't have access to PI7.1 right now, so you have to find it yourself. (May be somebody from the forum can help you)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks for your reply.. I will trouble shoot the issue and let you know the status.

I will remain the thread in open status.. once my issue get solved will close the thread.

Thansk,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one please guide me how can we find LOCKING ADAPTER in PI 7.1 NWA.

I have tried but unable to find.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Bhaskar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

Can any one please guide me how can we find LOCKING ADAPTER in PI 7.1 NWA.

Delete the Enqueue-lock related to the stopped Communication Channel. Refer SAP Note 821267.

For the 7.1 versions, please note that the Lock Manager is under the /nwa/locks, or on the location "Availability and Performance Management -> Locks".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nateesh/sarvesh,

My problem got solved.

I haev removed lock from Locks in NWA.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Whether your FTP server is up and running. then Check channel got schuduled by anybody.. also check the file permissions that whether it got changed by anybody.

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Jun 1, 2010 9:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If everything is fine with File Adapter then .. problem must be with the "File Permissions".

All files should have 777 permission (rwxrwxrwx) to be able to picked up by the adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I guess, your chanel is getting locked.

Use taskTimeout parameter in your sender channel on 'Advanced' tab page and put the cosiderable value for it.

-Tanaya.