cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating context in the Used Web Dynpro Components Interface Controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new with Web Dynpro. I would like to ask on how to create a new context in the Used Web Dynpro Components Interface Controller?

I added a new Iview on an existing project. And when I'm trying to add a new context for my new iview in the Interface Controller in the used Web Dynpro Components, i saw that the context are uneditable and there is no menu to create a new context. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks,

Vin

Edited by: ns240e on Jun 1, 2010 3:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

How to create/insert context in the Used Web Dynpro Components? I added a used components in the node and then im trying to link the component controller to it. Then, when i checked the properties tab of that used component there is no option on inserting/creating a context in it.

I am referring to this location node:

Web Dynpro ---> Web Dynpro Components --> NameComponent ---> Used Web Dynpro Components

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whwtever the contect that you have declared in component controller will be available in your Used Components. If you want to created context then create it in the Component Controler of your WebDynpro application not in the Usde Components section.

Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ns240e

Please have a look at this might help on your requirement [Inter Application Communication and Navigation (Design Time) in WebDynpro|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0ae5f90-1679-2c10-4183-8c64cf932088?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Suppose there are two DC1 and DC2.

DC1 having context node XYZ/attrubute available in DC1 component Controller and interface controller and mapped it properly.

- then build and deploy DC1.

- Now sync sources and sync used DC for DC2

- then click on component name of the DC2 and bind interface controller to component controller and drag n drop context node XYZ to component controller.

- Once done then try to re-build and use the contect node XYZ

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am only working for a single DC. A new iview was already added.

All the context are already created and declared in the Component Controller of the Web Dynpro Applications including the attributes of the new iview but it is not available in the Used Components.