cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target structure creating additional fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I am facing an issue where the target structure is modifed to remove a field. The mapping was not not modified. Now XI gives a message when we open up the mapping in IR, Skipping target mapping. However in Run time the interface is working fine. The mapping program in run time creates the additional field which was removed. Is this expected. Is there a way to fail the message mapping when target structure gets modified. Now the messages are processed with an additional field and Recieving system is not able to handle the messages. Since the message mapping is successful, we are not able to resend the messages from XI, but have to reach out to Sender to resend the messages. Since there are multiple reciever other systems will get the messsages twice. This is causing a lot issues, so please suggest any solutions that can handle this situation.

Thanks,

Sathya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dont remove the targer feild .. just make it "disabled" by right click on it.

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I belvie the target structure already modified and they have deleted the element. You cant find the element in the target structure so u cant disable field.. Correct me if i am wrong Sathya

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly reload the Target structure in message mapping and see all the mappings are done as per requirement. Further save and activate it. If incase of still facing issue, kindly ensure the message mapping is working fine by using test option of message mapping.

If the output structure is fine in message mapping and if still facing the issue finally try to refresh the CACHE and check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if the target feild is deleted just because it should not be mapped to the output , better to desable it rather then making the chages in the data type.

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

when you are opening mapping you will get a warning message right.. since u r removed the field from the idoc its not needed. So when u you open the mapping you can see a yellow color warning button. Click that button the popup window will come. select skip button then save the mapping and activate it.. Now u wont get the warning message whenever you open the message mapping.

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi All, I am facing an issue where the target structure is modifed to remove a field. The mapping was not not modified.

Whenever you do structural adjustments in your data type in that case you have to activate your mapping too.

Even though you have not done any changes in your mapping but still it get affetected by the change which you have done in your data type. So open your mapping in edit mode, then press the save button and activate it to carry the current changes which you done in your data type.

It is always needed to save and activate your mapping whenever you do changes in your data type.