cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usage of exits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to get some information on user exits. how to identify which user exit is in needed for what scenario.

USEREXIT_DELETE_DCUMENT //// USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK /// USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBKD....like this , I just want to know in what situation we use these exits , can anybody provide with a small examples.

And whats the purpose of CMOD Tcode to indetify user exit and adding code to the include? ( when we can use the above Mentioned userexits?) correct Me if i am wrong.

Thank you,

Kanna.

Edited by: kanna palle on May 31, 2010 7:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user exits that you have mentioned have nothing to do with CMOD.

These are not really the user exits per se but "SAP approved modifications" in the includes. For example, the widely available report that is searching for user exits by transaction code will not find those because they are programmed differently. This is just one of the SD quirks.

Please read the documentation and do search before posting. This has already been explained many times.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through these links

[Customer Exits (CMOD)|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/CustomerExits(CMOD)]

[What is the difference between SMOD and CMOD?|http://www.sap-img.com/abap/what-is-the-difference-between-smod-and-cmod.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is clearly explained in the documentation in IMG. Please check the documentation at IMG - Sales & Distribution - System modifications - user exits - userexits in sales document processing. Click on the documentaion icon. I am not sure whether it is there in SD or in sales...please check.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi shankar for your response.

I see the most useful information there. may I know whats the purpose of cmod tcode. where exactly the code modification takes place, is that in main program --> function module --> Include or cmod --> project --> userexit ???

Thanks

Kanna.