SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down payments in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you handle downpayments in FICA? is there any additional functionallity besides the payment on account?

Best regards.

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can place a clearing restriction 2 against the down payment which is sitting as payment on account, so that it does not gets cleared.

When the account is finalised, it gets released automatically and may be used to offset the final bill.

Otherwise, if it gets released manually or in mass, it may be refunded back to the customer.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Dear Amlan,

thanks for you advice, now I have the following questions:

-How do you set the clearing restriction?

-If I need to clear this down payment against an specific main and sub transaction, how can I build that?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

BPX:

there are 2 concepts here - the down payment and the security deposit. The previous poster provided you with information regarding security deposit processing. They are similar processes - the utility requests an amount to be paid up front and then does something with it. A down payment might more likely be associated with a new construction process where the customer is required to pay for some part of the construction, or other sale process. that type of down payment is integrated with SD billing plans, and uses FICA main/sub 3000/0010 and restriction value of 5. Then when the actual sale is recorded - the down payment is cleared against the new receivable.

regards,

bill.