cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refreshing web dynpro with external signals?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A question concerning web dynpro and external refreshing signals.

Can a running web dynpro app be refreshed by a function modul or something like that?

The scenario:

1. A web dynpro is running in a browser and shows data it gets from a DataBase table1

2. Now a function module1 is started by an event and changes the data in table1 on the server side, the web dynpro does not know about this event or the changes made by external components.

3. These changed data should be visible immediately in the running web dynpro after the event occurd --> trigger a refresh of the web dynpro from the function module1?

All I actually know is that: The web dynpro updates its context with the new data from table1 after a refresh of the gui (wddomodifiyview). Using a timed trigger I can get new data after x seconds (same way --> context update and gui refresh). Is there another way to refresh the web dynpro (that noticed requirements of #3) ?

Thanks,

Anja

Edited by: Anja Hormann on May 31, 2010 4:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! This is the feature I wanted!

Edited by: Anja Hormann on Jun 1, 2010 9:03 AM

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the technology you are talking about is reverse ajax, data pushing from server to client. it is possible from 7.0 Ehp2 only

see this

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/f0802995-3433-2c10-2787-d7db51352891&overrid...

Abhi