cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine or Integrate several plants to one plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am very new to SAP SD. Below is the scenario, that I would like to try and implement.

I have several virtual plants in a company code. All these virtual plants are assigned stock of different materials. My idea is to create a new plant, transfer all the stocks from these several virtual plants to the new plant and delete these several virtual plants.

Can anyone pls suggest me what all things are dependent on Plant level in SAP?

What all parts of the SAP SD should I concentrate in order to work out this scenario?

Thanks & regards,

Jenisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u elaborate little more. R u mailntaining physical stock in your virtual plants? Becoz u mentioned that u hv assigned stks in virtual plants. If not wht is the necessity of virtual plants? becoz Plants hv important role in valuation.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was a mistake in explaining the problem. Virtual plant is not assigned any stock physically. Can u pls explain me 2 scenarios:

1. If several plants contains physical stock and I want to integrate these plants to one plant then how much is the effort? What all areas I need to look for in SD area?

2. If several plants do not contain any physical stock and I want to integrate these plants to one plant then how much is the effort? What all areas I need to look for in SD area?

Thanks,

Jenisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do that.

1:Assign the new plant to the sales org / distribution channel - Enterprise structure

2:DO the shipping point determination for the new plant.

3:Extend the materials to the new plant.

4:If there is intercompnay process, please check "Assignmnet of organizational units to plants" in navigation SD - Billing - Intercompany billing.

5: Check if there are any pricing records, output records....et cwhich has Plant as parameters. if yes maintain the entries for the new plant.

These are the things I could think of.

Before deleting the existing plants, make sure there are no open documents existing for these plants, else system will not allow to delete.

Regards

Sai

Edited by: Sai on Jun 1, 2010 4:19 PM