cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application cannot be started. Error 503

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Apologies in advance as I am not a very technical person.

We are experiencing problems, and I cannot connect to GRC RA &R. I can PING the server.

I get the message Application cannot be started, and the associated error com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Naming error.

I also have the error 503 Service Unavailable, (SAP J2EE Engine/7.00) with the error detail:

Application stopped. You have requested an application that is currently stopped .

I submitted a Full Sych with all management reports to run over the weekend, but have not been able to access RA &R since then.

Can anyone assist me please? Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jill,

did you check if your GRC server is running? are you only facing problem accessing RAR or the same problem comes when you try to access UME and other parts of NW server as well? I am suspecting that your server has crashed (restarted) due to the background job you have scheduled. This happens when you select a lot of data to be analyzed in one go. Did you check the default trace logs? Please check the default trace logs to see what is happening in your case. Try accessing other components of the server such as UME or atleast the NW home page which can be accessed by going to the URL:

http://<SERVER>:<PORT>;

here SERVER is the name of your server and port is the port number. This will give you initial ideas as to what has happened in your case.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun, Thank you for your very prompt and helpful reply. I did suspect that it was too much information to process.

The system has now been fixed, and I do want to schedule a full synch, a batch risk analysis, as well as management reports. How can I do this without causing the same problem?

Please can you assist. Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Sorry, I also meant to ask, how do I find the logs to see what went wrong? Thanks Jill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jill,

There are 3 sections in the background jobs. User/Role/Profile Sync - User/Role/Profile Batch Risk Analysis - Management Reports. What i would normally do would depend upon the number of connectors i have + the amount of data i have. I would schedule separate job for each category. For eg.

1. Schedule job 1 for User Sync for all the systems. Do not select any other option.

2. Schedule job 2 for Role Sync for all the systems. Do not select any other option.

3. Schedule job 3 for Profile Sync for all the systems. Do not select any other option.

This will cover my Synchronization jobs. Now for the Batch risk analysis section. The idea is still to schedule separate jobs for User-Role-Profile Batch Risk Analysis. I would also minimize the number of systems for which i run a job simultaneously.

1. Schedule job 1 for User Batch Risk Analysis. Do not select any other option. Try first to run this for only one system. From the Report type, select only the permission level (as it will by default run action level analysis as well).

2. Schedule job 2 for Role Batch Risk Analysis. Do not select any other option. Try first to run this for only one system. From the Report type, select only the permission level (as it will by default run action level analysis as well).

3. Schedule job 3 for Profile Batch Risk Analysis. Do not select any other option. Try first to run this for only one system. From the Report type, select only the permission level (as it will by default run action level analysis as well).

and so on...

In the end schedule a job for Management reports.

Now this would put less load on the system and will give you better idea of what and where is it going wrong in case the job fails.. Also, i would suggest that you take care of the following points to improve the system performance before you run the jobs..I am posting the following by copying from my other reply so here it goes

"for the performance.. check if you have the configuration parameter "enable offline risk analysis" set to yes. If you do then the batch risk analysis will take significantly longer to complete as the system will make the entries of the risk analysis in the database tables. Also, it depends upon the number of authorizations the users have and according to that it takes longer time to finish risk analysis. More the number of authorizations, more the time it takes to analyze the users. I suggest you follow the general performance related Notes such as 723909, 1044173,1044174 etc. If you will search for SAP Notes based on the criteria "Performance" then you will find plenty of notes in the component GRC-SAC-SCC.

If you have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profiles assigned to users, then i suggest you list them as critical profiles and then set the parameter "ignore critical roles and profiles" to yes. This will make these profiles to be ignored while conducting batch risk analysis. Also, if you have created JCO connections then make sure that you have the Jco pool size as 100 and the timeout settings set to high value as the values for JCO are in msec"

I hope it helps.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jill,

Check the configuration option Configuration -> Miscellaneous -> Default Logger Parameter. Here if you have selected option JAVA logger then you can view the logs from within the application itself. Only go to the following URL

http://SERVER:PORT/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/grc~ccappcomp/CCDebugger

Here click on the button view server logs to show the logs.

If you have the parameter set to SAP logger then you have to see the logs from SAP logger only. To change this to JAVA logger change the parameter, save the configuration and then restart your server.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

My system is now working, but I cannot submit any background jobs. I get the message

"Failed to schedule background job: The transaction log for database 'GHG' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases"

I am not sure where I can see how to set the log reuse, or how to set it.

Is there any risk in changing this parameter?

Thank you

Regards

Jill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jill,

this does not look like problem of GRC application. This one sounds more like problem with database. Can you check with your Database administrator for this..

Regards, Varun

Answers (0)