Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install a instance opf dialog in another S.O

eloisadazpalaci
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

Can i install another instance in a different S.O where i have the central instance , i have the central instance in Aix and i want to install another instance of dialoge in Windows , it is possible ?

Thanks a lot .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eloisadazpalaci
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes i saw the point 11 but i have SAP R/3 Enterprise 6.20 and the note talk abaut 640 so i dont know if i can.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it should be any problem, but I would raise a message. Just to be sure..

Kind regards,

Mark

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Eloisa,

Yes, is perfectly possible and in fact frequently used.

See notes

592747 INST: Applic. server in heter. SAP R/3 environment

680617 INST: Appl.Server in Heterogeneous SAP System Environment

You only should take some precautions, like described in notes 686187, 809525 or 1023463...

I hope this clarifies the issue for you

<removed_by_moderator>

Regards,

Rafael

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Jun 1, 2010 3:21 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eloisadazpalaci
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have the CI on Aix and a DB DB2 for z/OS , there is a note 680617 that said that is posiible but the Reason and Prerequisites of the note is :

***********************************************************************************************************************

You want to install an application server (dialog instance) on Windows in an ABAP configuration where the database and central instance are running on UNIX.

**************************************************************************************************************************

So i am nout sure because i have the DB in a Z/OS .

THanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the note you are mentioning, this is possible. Check item "11. DB2 for z/OS".

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is possible.. I have done this for a CI on HP-UX and APP on Windows.

I'm not sure if it is fully supported by SAP. Also the installation method is not standard..

Kind regards,

Mark