Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table in table

p_willems
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I must display hierarchie data but every hierarchie has is it's own data.

Is it possible to use a table in a table in a table? If not what's the best way for displaying the context below as whole (Not clicking to expand, but display everything at once). It's only display data.

Context:

root

--> Book (Node)

BookAttribute 1

BookAttribute 2

--> Chapter (Node)

ChapAttribute 1

ChapAttribute 2

ChapAttribute 3

--> Paragraph (Node)

ParAttribute 1

ParAttribute 2

ParAttribute 3

ParAttribute 4

ParAttribute 5

TIA,

Patrick Willems

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes

table popin is what you are looking for

(right click on table, insert table popin, search sdn for tutorials tips and how-to's)

alternatively, use a rowrepeater, whic creates a transparent container for each element in context. in each transparent container, you can then use regular elements to show the data in the current element and a table to show the data of the child context (or a rowrepeater again)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

table inside table is not the right approach for this kind of representation. instead go for tree kind of structure

This article may be helpful

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-tech...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanyu Lagishetti,

I already saw that tree structure in a table. The problem with that is that the columns have fixed number. For example earch row has 3 columns.

In my example the the number (and menaing) of the attributes for the nodes differs.

So for node Book I need to display 2 attributes. For node Chapter 5 attributes and for node Paragraph 4 attributes. I think that's not possible or is it?

It's not necessary to use tables. Other controls are also possible if they are appropiate.

Regards,

Patrick Willems