cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Universe Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have crystal server 2008 and missing universe designer. The only applications that i can find in menu start are:

->Documentation

->Business View Manager

->Central Configuration Manager

->Central Management Console on WACS

->Data Source Migration Wizard

->Diagnostic Tools

->Import Wizard

->Java Infoview

->Publishing Wizard

->Software Inventory Tool

We have contacted the company that sold us Crystal Server 2008 & Xcelsius and they told us it is not license problem but some technical problem. I don't think this is technical problem, as there is no option to install aditional applications from that crystal server cd. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Karol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

Only Crystal report 2008 not include Universe Desiner you have to install Business Objects Enterprise(Business Objects XI 3.1).

Regards,

Shiva Kumar G.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your replies, I think that's all I need to know.

Thanks

Karol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by BO Software? Do we have to buy some additional software, is Crystal Reports not a part of BO Software?

Server operating system is - Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition

Excelsius is Edge edition

Crystal Reports Server 2008 V1

Edited by: Karol.M on Jun 1, 2010 3:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports does not include the universe designer, only BOE (Enterprise) does. At least that is my understanding. Crystal 2008 will - if run in an enterprise environment - allow you to connect to a universe create by a universe designer, but the package itself does not come with the enterprise components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q 1) Did you install BO software also along with Crytal Reports and Xcelsius on your server?

Q 2) Which version of BO software did you install? Also what edition - Enterprise/Edge?

Q 3) Also tell us what is the Operating System of the server.

If you install BO software you should get Universe Designer in Programs along with BO other tools.