cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can confirmation of activities be avoided?

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

In my Project we are NOT using:

- scheduling of activities

- confirmation of hours on activities

- deliveries on a project

Question: can confirmation of activities be avoided?

Regards,

AHS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not using scheduling and confirmation of activities...then dont use activities at all in your project..just manage with only WBSE's

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

No we cant avoid activities, coz we are asigning material to activities, i just need to know whether confirming is impt, but as your previous reply i will try to use it, will get back to you once it is done.

Regards,

AHS

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

With control key setting we can set confirmation not possible, then my question is:

Why is confirmation of activities needed?

Here planning is not used on the activities.

Regards,

AHS

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Confirmation records the progress of the activity and thus the project. I would suggest you to read about confirmation on SAP HELP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Confirmation is a functionality provided in SAP PS to know the exact progress of the project and it is a means by which you post actual cost on the project. As far as your process is concerned Confirmation may not be useful to you. Hence you can follow what Ahmed has suggested.

And if you want to know as to what confirmation does in general you can refer to Ahmed's post or go through SAP Help for detailed info.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ahmed's reply is the most apt one.Hence deleted my previous reply.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Edited by: Gokul on May 31, 2010 3:43 PM

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can avoid confirming activities, you have to set confirmation not possible in your control key configuration, then the system will allow you to close the project without confirming them.