Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Table Data

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a table UI element on the view and i want to export the table data including the column headings to an excel file.

If i use a File Download UI then how should i convert the table data into a ByteStream. Also how should i pass the column headings in that case.

Please let me know possible solutions.

Regards

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

see /thread/15595 [original link is broken] for general possibilities how to offer excel data (POI / pure html).

Hope it helps

Detlev

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Does this also hold true for WebDynpro where the data is in context. I was looking for a way to convert the context data to byte stream and then i can easily use the FileDownload UI.

Regards

Sidharth

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I don't know if there exists any automatism for table export to Excel, but I don't believe this. <i>If</i> this does not exist, then one of the ways described should do.

You have full access to table data as well as to table headings; from this, it would be relatively easy to build a byte stream for example of HTML containing the data (if you want it only at memory, just fill a ByteArrayOutputStream; from this you can writTo an OutputStream).

Hope it helps

Detlev