cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution Manager monitoring : missing ccms context for some systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured system monitoring in solution manager, but I encounter some problems.For example,

when I active two identical systems (ERP 6 with 1 CI and oracle database on same server) to monitor, the first (DEV) system appears with several CCMS context by default (SAP Application Server, Server HOSTNAME, database DEV-DATABASE) where as the second (QAL) system appears whithout CCMS context.

Someone can explain why ? How can I manually add those CCMS contexts ?

Thanks for you help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

HI Pascal,

First of all check that the context and MTEs exists in RZ20 of the QAS system. Also, make sure the system definition in SMSY for both systems is identical for DEV and QAS if this is already the same (all instances appear correctly in SMSY), then there might be problems accessing the contexts that do not appear per default.

Check the RFCs assigned to system monitoring in SMSY are working and pointing to the right SID/client, and make sure the users entered in the READ RFC are authorized.(see Note 455356).

You also can try to enter to choose the mssing contexts in the available F4 helps in tabs "CCMS Context" and defined the alerts as "user-defined" alerts.

I hope this helps,

kind regards,

Marta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where exactly are you facing this issue?. If it is on Solution_manager(DSWP)->System Monitoring-> Setup system monitoring. The issue should be with the SMSY definition of QAL system. Please check whether you have choosen correct version and System as logical components and the system definition in SMSY is Proper.

And by default, If RFCs are Configured Properly, The Details should be automatically populated on the setup screen if not you will get it gray.

If the CCMS contexts are not there. Then there can be the Problem with CCMS agents. Check the Agent state on RZ21. There should be a distinct agent for QAL system too.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all, in fact, It was a problem in my RFC connection between solman and satellit system.

0 Kudos

HI Pascal,

First of all check that the context and MTEs exists in RZ20 of the QAS system. Also, make sure the system definition in SMSY for both systems is identical for DEV and QAS if this is already the same (all instances appear correctly in SMSY), then there might be problems accessing the contexts that do not appear per default.

Check the RFCs assigned to system monitoring in SMSY are working and pointing to the right SID/client, and make sure the users entered in the READ RFC are authorized.(see Note 455356).

You also can try to enter to choose the mssing contexts in the available F4 helps in tabs "CCMS Context" and defined the alerts as "user-defined" alerts.

I hope this helps,

kind regards,

Marta