cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction QS41 in ask for customizing in live

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

My company would like to make the setting in the production system to allow maitenance of the failure codes using transaction QS41 without the system asking for a transport. I searched through the forum/SDN and found a suggestion to use transaction SOBJ for object V_QPGR_KAT and then make the setting to "No Transport".

When our basis team changes the setting from "Automatic transport" to "No Transport" and save the system defaults back to "automatic transport" It seems like the system global setting overrides this setting.

Can anyone please advise what other options are available to make this change?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are the steps I have:

1. In IMG, find the configuration line for the object (EDIT CATALOGS) and just u201Chighlightu201D the object: (like Quality Management> Quality Planning> Basic Data> Catalog> "EDIT CATALOGS"

2. From the EDIT menu, select u201CDisplay IMG Activityu201D.

3. Select the Maint. Objects Tab, then double-click on one of the u201Ccustomizing objectsu201D (in this case V_QPGR_CL).

4. On the resulting screen, make sure the u201Ccurrent settingsu201D check box is checked.

5. Do the same for the other customizing objects listed (in this case V_QPAM_CL).

Make sure you did step 4.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fire Fighter

Will try this first in our pre production box and will let you know of the outcome.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF

I got hold of OSS note 356483 as suggested by SAP and made the settings but it looks like these settings only work with an open client which is not what we want.

I will invetigate note 356483 and will provide feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF

I actually found note 736920 that contain part of your suggestion. I managed to make the settings as prescribed using transaction SOBJ and then our Basis corrected the production system role settings from "test" to "production" using transaction SCC4.

The note worked 100%

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

I downloaded the note so I can keep it for reference. From what I can see the notes solution is exactly what I indicated above.

The production system should always be set as "production" and not test. So I wouldn't normally include that step in the instructions.

FF

Answers (0)