cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transportation scenario doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of implementing SAP in a logistics company. We are referring to SAP Best Practices for LSP which suggest that we create a service type material master record called 'LSP Service' with variant enabled for capturing characteristics at the time of customer sales order.

We get a inquiry from te customer for transporting the material from on one point to another.Now the details of the cargo are collected and in a excel sheet that data is sorted so as to finallize the vehicles would be required based on the LBH and wt and volume.as the rates are also based on these dimensions.this cargo may come as a whole or at times in frequent intervals.

How to capture the packing list so as based on the consignment the billing is doen and the details of the cargo lifted is given to the customer (packing list may run in 500 numbers,if its a cargo for say setting up a manufacturing plant)

Suppose now a customer gives a order for 'LSP Service' with variant info trucktype=6wheeler and consignor party - xyz, Mumbai and consignee party - pqr, delhi.

Now, The Transport planning officer has to explore various route options for transporting goods from Mumbai to delhi

which are

1. Mumbai to delhi direct

2. Mumbai to jaipur,jaipur to Delhi.

We execute the customers orders by hiring the vehicles from various vendors and our prices with the vendors are not fixed and decided on a day to day basis.

Based upon historical data, the system should propose the indicative costing for a given order for all the possible routes and transport planning officer should select the best option mostly on the basis of least cost. Now based upon the selected route, system should generate purchase requisitions.

For example, if Mumbai/Delhi/Guwahati route is selected, we would need to hire one vehicle from a vendor for Mumbai to jaipur, and another vehicle from another vendor for jaipur to Delhi . There would be 2 purchase orders for hiring of vehicles required and for these 2 POs I'd want that 2 PRs should be generated one for mumbai to jaipur, and another for jaipur to delhi .

Hope I've clarified my requirement. Shall appreciate your suggestions on best way to handle the scenario.

1.How the packing list is to be tracked and that data of the dimensions should to be tracked till the invoicing.

2.what materail type and material to be used as i suggested if its a project cargo 30-40 items would go in one shipment and how to track those materials as there is no point creating all the cargo as materials in SAP.

Regards

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Any anwsers?

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Any anwsers?

AJ

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, I dont think any Indian companies (assuming that your requirement is to implement for an Indian company) have implemented LSP.

In that case, you can develop a zee table where you can have input fields for

a) Customer

b) Truck type (Van, Lorry, Container etc)

c) Transportation charges (is it based on weight or based on truck)

d) Mininum transportation charges

etc., and whatever you want which you feel, based on which, system should populate the least rate, a field for the same may be maintained here.

Program for this table should run dynamically in the background daily either in the early morning or late night so that the transportation rate gets updated then and there.

This is only a vague solution and I am sure, achieving this requirement with zee table will be a challenging task.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi