cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the prerequisites for ARFC 2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when trying to import a Adaptive RFC2 Model from ECC 6 I'm getting the error "Could not create model" on the last import step. When I use the old ARFC Model (deprecated) it works - why is this?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Please have a look at [Using an Adaptive RFC 2 Model in Web Dynpro Java|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50f7192d-2808-2d10-189b-df3fa5f71abf?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] if you have not seen.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, unfortunately it doesnt. The problem is, I am unable to import the model during design time and all it gives me is a model could not be imported error above the import wizard textfield. I dont even see anything in the NWDS error log

I wonder if it may have to do something with version numbers but the error message should be a little bit more specific in that case.

I'm using the NWDS 7.2 but I had the same problem in NWDS 7.11

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I had tried in the CE7.11 some time back but got same issue.

try searching for SAP notes may help to resolve your issue.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I looked through the SAP-Notes and maybe this is the problem:

Note 1438679 - Invalid characters in the data types of RFM's

does this apply to namespace definition in function modules as well? apparently forward slash naming is pretty common in the ABAP world

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If the model is already imported in your project,For the second time right click on the model and select re-import.

Once you re-import the model you will get the changes that is made for the RFC.

After import you need to restart the sever once.

Regards,

Lavanya.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think this reply is related to another question isnt it?

My question doesnt concern re-import. In essence the actual import fails so I got no choice but to use the deprecated model import.

The backend system is ECC 6