Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multple inspection lots at customer returns

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

at my comany we've the following problem. Customer returns should be posted to insp stock and an inspection lot must be created. When a customer has multiple return from the same batch it should create multiple inspection lots. We use insp 05 for this. But we also use 05 for the receipt of externally produced materials. This should only create one inspection lot. Therefor it's not possible to set the indicator in the inspection setup in the maerial master.

We had a look at inspection type 06, but this is not stock relevant. What is the best way to set this up?

thank for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

It's simple. First u create Z-Inpection type and create new Task List usage for GR Inspection for Customer Resturns say 5Z or 53 ( Std SAP TL usage is 5 for GR). Define usage to the Z-Inspection type. Remaining things remains same. Remove the config setting for 06 Inspection type (setting at shipping level)

with regards,

K.Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

I tried to follow your instructions, ie,

1. Created task list usage

2. Created inspection type and maintained lot origin.

3. Assigned task list to inspection type.

But there is o no tab in the created inspection type for lot creation, where we check "post to inspection stock". So newly created insp. type is again non-stock relevant.

What to do?

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

How do i make sure that the new inspection type will be used and not 05?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose that you have created a Z mvt type which is copy of 05 inspection type then assign this Inspection type against the "Return Order type" in Customization.This will always create the Z inspection type lot in return & not the 05 Inspection type.

A Preferred Inspection will help in case when both inspection type are active in QM view.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose that you have created a Z mvt type which is copy of 05 inspection type then assign this Inspection type against the "Return Order type" in Customization.

I guess its Z insp type?

But would it be stock relevant if I copy from 01/04 insp type? I tried for 01, but its not stock relevant.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll have to create two 05 inspection types and activate them both. I.e use the standard 05 and create an 05R for the returns. Then use a user exit to select the proper one in the given situation.

One of these two should work:

QAAT0001 Inspection type determination different from variant 01

QAAT0002 Control of acceptance lots/goods receipt

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess its Z insp type?

Yes its Z inspection type.Its my typographical mistake.

Yes when you copy a stock relevant it has to be again stock relevant inspection type as its depend upon the Inspection lot origin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks!

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct me if I'm wrong, but just assigning a Z inspection type wouldn't solve this poster's issue would it? Cause there would still be two 05 inspection types (i.e. inspection types with an 05 lot origin). While the returns might select the proper inspection type, a lot triggerred by other "05" material movements would see two active 05 inspection types. The system still wouldn't know which one to choose.

Hence, I think you'll still need to use a user exit to do the actual selection of the inspection type.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Not getting your point. Why 05 inspection type will be taken? When he will be using z insp tyope as preferred, system will automatically pick up that insp type, and as it will be stock relevamt, posting will be done too.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not the delivery I'm concerned about. Its the other 05 lots that he creates via material movements.

If the Z inspection type is assigned to the delivery type as proposed, the Z inspection type still has an 05 inspection origin. It is the origin that SAP links to material movements not the inspection type. As delivered most inspection types match one to one the origin, i.e. an 05 inspection type to an 05 origin. An 04 inspection type to an 04 origin, etc..

When a movement is used that is linked to the 05 inspection orgin and an inspection is called for, the system looks at the material master and attempts to assign an inspection type with an 05 orign. In this case, they'll be two inspection types active with an 05 oriign. The standard 05 and the Z05.

Now it might work if the Z05 is assigned to the delivery type for returns and the 05 inspection type is marked as preferred. Hopefully the Z05 will get used for the deliveries and the 05 for all others But I'm not 100% sure the system will behave exactly that way. I 've never tested that scenario specifically.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Got your point and very valid one. I have not also worked on such scenario. May be I'll try once am with the system.

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

I now created a new inspection type, Z05. I linked it to lot origin 05. I activated it in the material master with the preferred inspection type indicator. But when i now post a goods issue from the return delivery no inspection lot is created...

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to post returned goods from the customer directly to inspection stock? And which inspection setup should be setup? Can i use inspection lot origin 06 for this?

Edited by: Maarten_m4 on Jun 11, 2010 4:30 PM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DId you try this suggestion made above?

Now it might work if the Z05 is assigned to the delivery type for returns and the 05 inspection type is marked as preferred. Hopefully the Z05 will get used for the deliveries and the 05 for all others But I'm not 100% sure the system will behave exactly that way. I 've never tested that scenario specifically.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to use the user exits as suggested above.

FF