cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to SQL 2008 using jdbc adapter.

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in which I have to connect to a SQL 2008 DB . The drivers have been installed and the channel has been configured with requisite parameters. I have two doubts . Given below in parts.

Part 1:

I was wondering whether the below mentioned parameters hold true for SQL 2008.

JDBC DRIVER: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

CONNECTION: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://xx.xx.xx.xx:1433;databaseName=XXX

Part 2:

I am getting the following error message while sending data to the DB , could the experts please confirm what does this error about . Want to knwo whether i am on track or not. Below is the errro message.

" Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'SAPIMIRUSER."

Any inputs would be most welcome and appreciated.

Regards

Joel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Part 1:

>

> I was wondering whether the below mentioned parameters hold true for SQL 2008.

>

> JDBC DRIVER: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

> CONNECTION: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://xx.xx.xx.xx:1433;databaseName=XXX

jdbc:sqlserver://xx.xx.xx.xxx:1433;databaseName=xxxx

this is the correct path for Microsfot SQL Server.

>

> Part 2:

> I am getting the following error message while sending data to the DB , could the experts please confirm what does this error about . Want to knwo whether i am on track or not. Below is the errro message.

>

>

> " Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'SAPIMIRUSER."

>

The user name and password seems to be not correct,check once again .

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using PI7.1? I think in order to connect to ms server 2008 require jdk1.4 . Else you have to do some additional setting. Kindly search the blog.