cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STATISTICAL CONDITION TYPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´ve made a test with an statistical condition type (so that net value will remain the same, but still the condition types calculates and post the result to accounting.)

The only way I achieve this was by means of:

1.- Selecting the Accrual Check in the condition type

2.- Fill the Acct Key for the accrual in the pricing procedure

3.- Fill the VKOA Accrual and GL accounts

The result is fine but I have a credit and debit posting and I only want the debit.

Is there any other way to post to accounting an statistical condition type? I tried just to add an account key to the condition type in the pricing procedure but It didn´t work out.

Kind Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David Gilberto Catalan Bahena said:

I´ve made a test with an statistical condition type (so that net value will remain the same, but still the condition types calculates and post the result to accounting.)

The only way I achieve this was by means of:

1.- Selecting the Accrual Check in the condition type

2.- Fill the Acct Key for the accrual in the pricing procedure

3.- Fill the VKOA Accrual and GL accounts

The result is fine but I have a credit and debit posting and I only want the debit.

David, if you only want the debit posting, then by definition, you do not want a statistical posting. The whole idea of a statistical posting is that it has no impact on the amount charged to the customer. Why do I say that? Well, when you post "only" a credit, the corresponding debit is to the customer. There is no posting configured for the debit entries from a billing document, only the credit side entries.

A debit posting would be, for instance, for a discount, and the corresponding credit is to the customer. In truth, it is an offset and reduces the debit posting when the total is posted to the customer's account. So, you want the debit side to happen without an offsetting credit, and this is just not possible. The basic accounting idea is that there must always be a debit matched to a credit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your explanation, it was very interesting and helpful.

Kind Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David;

It´s related a key accounting and the adjust can be done in OB40 transaction. There you can select debit/credit.

I hope it can helpful.

Regards

Ruy Castro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

But my key is not listed here, it seems to be a TAX transaction (OB40)

Kind Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For instance....you have

Sales tax 1 MW1

Sales tax 2 MW2

Sales tax 3 MW3

Sales tax 4 MW4

Within these code you select you accounting key.

These should be stated in your pricing procedure.

tks

Ruy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

But sales account determination is not working that way. You usually you configure VKOA transaction code and here is where my key lives.

Kind regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood your point but in VKOA you can't modify the feature for your account like debit/credit.

It can be done in OB40.

Tks

Ruy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Someone know something about this one?

Kind Regards.