cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages remain in status "To Be Delivered" and "Delivering" for long

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have 50 Proxy to JDBC XI scenarios in Production that run simultaneously and populate a MS SQL DB with data. However, it takes a lot of time for all the SQL statements to be executed and many messages in RWM Message Montiring in Adapter Engine remain in status "To Be Delivered" and "Delivering" for a long time. Do you have any ideas ?

We have done all the necessary configuration/optimization of the JDBC receiver Communication Channel according to SAP notes 831162 and 1136790/ Maximum Concurrency has been set up to "5" and the poolWaitingTime to "60000" milliseconds, i.e. 60 seconds. Also, option "Disconnect from DB after processing Each Message" is disabled and "Auto Commit/Disable Unique Transaction Handling" is also disabled. The isolation level is set up to "Serializable".

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

All your JDBC communication channels settings are perfectly correct. nothing is wrong in channel configuration. For removing the tobe deliered and delivering message. You restart the messaging system in J2EE engine. For permanent solution check for any notes you are missing.

thansk,

madhu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Evaggelos,

Please check:

#831162 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 JDBC Adapter

Also, try these parameters to ensure you have sufficient threads available to process the messages:

Base on note #937159 - XI Adapter Engine is stuck

- Global Configuration

Server

Kernel

ApplicationThreadManager

MaxThreadCount

should be set to >= 300

- Global Configuration

Server

Kernel

ThreadManager

MaxThreadCount

should be set to >= 350

Base on note #791655 - Documentation of the XI Messaging System Service

Properties

- Global Configuration

Server

Services

SAP XI AF Messaging

messaging.connections

The Messaging System parameters are set to :

Send.maxConsumers=10

Recv.maxConsumers=10

Call.maxConsumers=20

Rqst.maxConsumers=20

Base on note 803145:

Kindly increase the value of the parameter 'pollAttempts' to '100' in

the messaging.connections" property for all the adapters in the Visual

admin.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

to me it ideally means that your calls to DB are queued so , putting many of the messages in TBDL and DELIVERING status. Not necessarily an issue with XI config / design but also dependant on how the DB will process your calls.

it would depend on the database design and the kind of calls you are making. For example, i have recently seen an interface execution having similar problem for the simple reason that it was using UPDATE_INSERT action with ORACLE and so the calls were getting queued as thats how the DB treats that action, if multiple parallel calls are made.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been looking for a permanent solution from last couple of months - opened an OSS note with SAP, but haven't received any solution.

So, for the time being, re-start the Java Engine.

If I get any answers from them, I will update your post.

Regards,

Neetesh