cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java WD not working in QA system, but works in DEV - Why??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed a Java Web Dynpro that runs perfectly on our DEV portal. This portal is linked to the DEV ECC system.

I then deployed the EAR to the QA portal. For some reason I get the following error:

Accessing System QAS is not possible because RFC Metadata was retrieved using System DEV. Please assure you have configured the RFC Connections properly. A Server restart may be necessary!

The application runs fine in QA, but as soon as I trigger the application to fetch information from the ECC system, it gives the mentioned error.

- I have checked the JCo Destinations and made sure that all of the ones used for this application are correct and pointing to the QA system. I have tested them all and no problems.

- I have tried to re-import the models from QA in the WD application but this still did not work.

- I have tried to change the JCo destinations to all point to the DEV ECC system as a test, but the same error still persists.

I have no idea what the problem is - Has anyone had this problem before? Any tips?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

As you said that JCO's test are successful in QA system. Could you please verifywhither RFC trasported in QA system or not.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have transported the required ABAP objects to the QA ECC system. Everything is there. I have also deployed the EAR file in QA Portal. What do you mean by "RFC transported in QA system"?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to mark this post as "answered" because of the limitation of open questions on this forum...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered but closing post...

Former Member
0 Kudos

[deleted]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I hope you are using the Same JCO names in DEV and QA.

then you only need to udpate Windows >> Preference >> SAP J2EE Engine Details for QA/PROD and create same JCO/SLD in QA/PROD System.

Means Configure j2ee engine to QA Message Server Host num and Port Number and Deployee through the QA SDM Password.

That time that EAR File Moves to QA System.

Now you can Export .EPA File from DEV and import that .EAP file into QA. That time its working Fine

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am quite new to WD, so please bear with me...

I specified the JCo destinations when originally importing the models. I then set up those JCo destinations in the DEV portal.

After taking the app to the QA portal, I went to the application settings and maintained the same JCo destinations, but pointed them to the QA ECC system. I have tested and pinged the JCo destinations and they all work fine.

We have one SLD for the landscape - This SLD is on the DEV portal. All of ESS and MSS works fine and connects to the QA ECC system as expected. The only problem I have is that my WD application does not work.

- I have tried to re-import the models from the QA ECC system - after redeploying, still no luck.

- I have tried to invalidate the JCo destinations, but no resolution.

- I have also tried to point the JCo destinations to the DEV ECC system (just as a test), but the same error still persists.

- I have tried to deploy the EAR file through Visual Administrator, and as you mentioned, I have also deployed directly to the QA portal through NWDS using the SDM password. No luck.

When you say "Now you can Export .EPA File from DEV and import that .EAP file into QA. That time its working Fine" - how do I do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I hope you are using the Same JCO names in DEV and QA. Did you try to restart the Java stack (QA system)?

Regards,

Ayyapparaj